Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the rave reviews of last year's chattering teeth at CVS I just couldn't help but pick them up. The only problem is I don't have a cabinet of curiosities or really anywhere else to feature them in my display. For the upcoming Halloween, however, I'm planning a mad scientist's lab which got me thinking of how I could integrate the teeth. Below is a before and after of the results! I'll have some wires or tubing connected to the top once it's time to actually integrate it into the full lab display.

Original:
chattering-teeth.jpg

Customized:
photo(8).jpg

Lit up:
photo(7).jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone!

Huh- Cool. How did you do it, if you don't mind sharing the details?
Of course! It was really simple.

For the base I just took some nuts and bolts, painted them copper, wrapped them in wire and glued them in place.

photo(8).JPG

The top is made up of the lid from one of these "auto bucket" cups from dollar tree and a pvc piece glued on top. A second pvc cap goes over that to create a compartment for the light.

photo(6).JPG

For the light, I just designed the top so it was big enough to house one of these "finger lights" you can buy 4 packs of for a couple bucks. Just drop it in and put the lid back on to light it up.

photo(7).JPG

That's it! Everything else is courtesy of some black, silver and brown paint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts