Halloween Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Zombie Inside
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be interested in custom zombie portraits? I'm trying to come up with new ways to make money and this is one that I'd actually enjoy doing!

There are currently two places (that I know of) doing this, though both are very different from one another, and from my work.

Zombie You does 11"x17" zombie caricatures for $45 each (2 zombies in the picture for $65).

And Zombie Portraits does a more realistic, yet gory, 9"x11" hand-drawn picture for $80 (2 zombies for $160 on a 12"x15").

They both do a great job but I think I'd like to throw my hat in the ring if I've got a market. It takes a lot of work to do it the way I do and I'll probaly have to charge close to Zombie You's price but I'd certainly give a discount to HF members! What do you guys think? Should I go for it?

Here's a sample of my work:

from this

·
Zombie Inside
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Halloween Pirncess,
What format would you think best- a digital copy that you could print yourself or a hardcopy shipped to you?

Obviously, I'd have to charge more for a hardcopy print and I'd probably keep it at 8"x10". With a digital copy, I could make it larger (size would depend on the quality of the original photo) without charging more for it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Another option would be to print it on acetate sheets (for overhead projectors) then you could slip it in front of the original picture and be able to see both views....just a random thought.

·
Zombie Inside
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay. Both formats it is!
So I'm thinking for a single zombie - a digital copy for $30 and a hard copy 8"x10" for $45.
And for two zombies in one picture - digital for $50 and an 8"x10" for $65.
It takes me several eye-straining (yet surprisingly fun) hours to complete one figure. I will probably put some type of background on them instead of a solid color, also. I'm trying to take all things into consideration and weigh against the other two companies. Do you guys think those prices sound fair? I really appreciate all the input!

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
I think your work is fabulous and the prices are more than fair. And I also like the idea of letting the customer decide about digital or hardcopy. I have always loved that picture of you, BTW.

·
Zombie Inside
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, 238 views and no one else has an opinion?

Well, I've got a name. Even bought the domain name and purchased the web hosting. I'll unveil it when the website is adequate for viewing. ;)

I would like a little more feedback on the pricing, though. I hope to have it hammered out in the next few weeks while the website gets designed. Please, please, please chime in with your input! Even if it's just, "Fair" or "Too pricey". Really, any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I think the prices sound fair. I am excited to hear the name and see the website when it is up and running. If I were an online customer I would definitely want to see at least one more example to get a better idea of your style.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Rikki girl your talent once again amazes me! I told you the first time you did this pic it creeped me out:) I definately think people would go for these. Especially as it gets closer to the holiday. Go for it girl!!!!

·
Zombie Inside
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, NRP! And may I say, your new site looks great!

I have been working on this project for nearly 7 straight hours today! :eek:

I did another zombie portrait today and got it up as a sample. Plus the website is coming right along. Still need a links page and some "survival stories". And I'm trying to decide which shopping cart to go with for the ordering process. I'm hoping to have it all finished (including a few more portraits) by Wednesday.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.