Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out how to make a custom 1-2 minute sound recording that is triggered by a motion sensor and then have it automatically reset and play the next time the motion sensor is activated. I have recorded my sound and put it on a thumb drive. I then put it in a player and selected that one tract to play and repeat. Then I plugged the player into a simple motion detector that I bought. The problem I encountered was every time the motion detector shut off, the play/repeat function of the player went into "standby" (i.e., one had to manually hit play and repeat again - no automatic reset/repeat and play). Can anybody advise me how to solve this problem? The upscale animatronics can play the same sound/dialog over and over automatically when motion activated, so I know this is possible. Help!!! Thanks, JCS.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You could do this with an Arduino, a PIR sensor and an audio board. It's not difficult to do but ordering all the parts and getting them in time to put it together and test for the desired effect would be tight. I'm doing this for a pop up in a box. When someone triggers the sensor it will energize the valve for the pneumatics and trigger an audio card with a scream.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts