Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well someone's been busy since my last visit ;) lol First off, love the dagger that WILL look incredible in your setup...and ohmygoodness that invite, your guests are gonna lose it. Such a creative invite and so over the top :) K now get back to work so I can see more pics lol

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Awwww thanks for your kind words...yeah I still have a few adjustments to make to my invites but I just wanted to see if what was in my head actually worked (originally my plan was to go with these printable sarcophagus(s) and the wire skelly inside holding a small paper invite, but thought this other version was more fitting.
71fea2a3a1deeca2c619116589efcca3.jpg
8d8dbe1b8cf06d4014acaae5cb07882d.jpg

·
Celtic Spirit
2,100 Posts
I love the Egyptian/Mummy theme! You're going to have a blast working on this theme, pumpkin. What you have created so far is outstanding! The mummy hand invites are to die for and I really love the cat mummies, they came out looking so authentic.

There are many threads on the forum for this theme also (as I'm sure you already researched;)). I think Kittyvibe did one last year and a couple of years back and there was this woman who did an incredible walk through with huge pyramids and a market place. I was even posting on a thread few years ago when I was doing my mummy bath; I''ll see if I can find it and pull it up for you.

Ooh, ooh I have an idea suggestion for you, since you're doing everything indoors. I always thought it would be cool to have an archeologist's work area set as a display for this theme, Howard Carter style. A full size dummy in garb with the hat, gotta have the hat, working at his desk covered with maps, journals, artifacts, compasses, tools, brushes, etc. You could have him with his back towards your guests and when they get closer to take a look his face is an evil mask or a skelly face - with cobwebs, like he was a victim of a Mummy's Curse. He could even be holding a paper or article about the curse as if he was reading it when the Mummy struck! Lawd pumpkin, why do you have my head spinning so early in the morning? I told ya I love this theme.

And an Anubis!! You must have an Anubis! Ok, you can blow off the archeologist idea but I would be very disappointed in you if you did not have an Anubis.

·
Celtic Spirit
2,100 Posts
Lots of info but since you have a whole year to view it... joking just joking.......😆

Found kitty's thread from last year, she has such great talent!

and the Egyptian thread with lots of links and pics (you have to click on pictures to enlarge them to see the details)

and the link to the Egyptian haunt; she had a camel guys - a full size freaking camel - amazing!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Omg yes!!! I've been totally planning on adding an archeologist to my theme (so that I can reuse some of my pirate crates as filler...planning on adding some moss and artifacts like they are shipping containers).
90022a372b16d054c93228947e357c19.jpg

Just need to find him a hat and a few accessories...though I'm hoping to have him be just a pile of bones after being consumed by scarabs ;) .

And yea totally doing the anubis!!! Heres my golden anubis I'm currently working on. Hes taking forever!!! The plan is to add him to an altar and display him in my treasure room (chests, gold urns, gold piles, obilesks... u name it).
20190710_133015.jpg
20190710_133005.jpg

Then, if I ever get this guy done ;) I'm hoping to make something like this to use in our foyer to greet our guests...plus I'll add either a flame pot or torch ;)
6212f87d7c0e8d5f8fd13913c7f67b70.jpg

K I'm heading to see those threads now (btw thank u :) ), I've been trying to sift through old threads but I'm still getting used to this new setup

·
Registered
13,759 Posts
....and the link to the Egyptian haunt; she had a camel guys - a full size freaking camel - amazing!
Speaking of Camel, wonder how hard it would be to take a skeleton horse add one or two humps and wrap him up mummy style? Think it would still look like a horse or not?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My attempt at canopic jars. I used dollar tree vases and covered them in paper mache (paper towels) to give it a pottery feel...the lids are just cardboard, styrofoam balls and masking take that also got a layer of paper towel mache. They aren't perfect and I'm sure others could have done a better paint job but hopefully with low light and some fullers earth they will look better lol (oh and yes I'm stopping at 3, these dudes were pains in the u know what lol).
20190719_191904.jpg
20190719_193043.jpg

·
Registered
239 Posts
Prototype for my invites, only I plan on making the actual invite an aged scroll...this is just parchment I had on hand. Crates are constructed from foam board and the hand is made from cheese cloth, coat hangers and masking tape...measures 5.5x 10.5x4.25 these will only be for hand delivery we will likely just send out the scrolls to our remaining guests.
those would fit in a medium flat rate box, if you wanna go all out and send boxes to every guest.
they look AMAZING. :D

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thank u so much yoboseiyo, I may just have to do that for a couple of my "definitely" guests that live out of town...and thank u so much for your compliments on my jars, they are by no means perfect but way better than I ever imagined I could produce lol. I shoved balls of aluminum foil inside them so if someone picks them up it sounds like dried up organs bouncing around inside ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thank u so much yoboseiyo, I may just have to do that for a couple of my "definitely" guests that live out of town...and thank u so much for your compliments on my jars, they are by no means perfect but way better than I ever imagined I could produce lol. I shoved balls of aluminum foil inside them so if someone picks them up it sounds like dried up organs bouncing around inside ;)
bwahahahaha! that is an amazing little easter egg! :D

·
Registered
13,759 Posts
Just checking back in to see the latest. So the fact that you know what dried up organs sound like is scary in itself 🤣 JK of course!

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I wonder if you could use the tin coffins that the 99 Cent store had last year to crate your mummy hand and scroll? They aren't out yet but I'm sure they will have them soon.
Great job, as usual!!

Prototype for my invites, only I plan on making the actual invite an aged scroll...this is just parchment I had on hand. Crates are constructed from foam board and the hand is made from cheese cloth, coat hangers and masking tape...measures 5.5x 10.5x4.25 these will only be for hand delivery we will likely just send out the scrolls to our remaining guests. View attachment 713312 View attachment 713315 View attachment 713311
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Awww thanks bettyboop, I will definitely have to keep an eye out for those coffins, they would definitely make my life easier lol I even wondered if the plastic skeleton hands at DT could be heated up and bent, then I could just age them and wrap them up.

As for the the backdrops I'm hoping that the clear push pins will do the trick. I know another member (Margaret) uses these murals at all her parties so I need to check in with her on what works best. I know she even mentioned that they will take stain to age them up a bit so that's on my to do list at some point, once i get the courage up ;) lol

21 - 40 of 79 Posts