Halloween Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Curse of the Mummy’s Tomb Home Haunt

Hello everyone! Check out this years garage haunt walkthrough (link above); we did an Egyptian theme and had a great time!

Over 250 ToTs and tons of nice compliments. Best ones: “Are you in the movie business, because that felt like a movie” and “That was the best haunted house I’ve ever been in, including Universal Studios!”.

Automotive tire Grey Barrel Art Door

Orange Wood Art Cg artwork Heat

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
One of my favorite themes and very nicely done. Is this a two and a half car garage? We have a double car garage (only one door) and would love to do a walkthru haunt one day if we ever got our garage cleared out (mostly halloween props right now with no other storage space 🥴). Nice you have the two separate entrances and great to plan around a covered secured area.

Liked how you used beef netting in there to cover the walls, haven’t always been a fan of it. And of course a tomb would have spiders and webs in it. Have one or two of those same backdrops and they really do add so much to the realism of tomb walls.

Were your animated props DIY projects? Came out great and made the tomb experience. Thanks for the walk thru video and glad you had such a positive response to an ancient Egyptian tomb theme.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
wow , so cool , another great theme that is so cool yet not used as much as some of the usual setups , i am interested as Ghost of Spookie asked are your animated props home made or or store bought ? very very cool.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of my favorite themes and very nicely done. Is this a two and a half car garage? We have a double car garage (only one door) and would love to do a walkthru haunt one day if we ever got our garage cleared out (mostly halloween props right now with no other storage space 🥴). Nice you have the two separate entrances and great to plan around a covered secured area.

Liked how you used beef netting in there to cover the walls, haven’t always been a fan of it. And of course a tomb would have spiders and webs in it. Have one or two of those same backdrops and they really do add so much to the realism of tomb walls.

Were your animated props DIY projects? Came out great and made the tomb experience. Thanks for the walk thru video and glad you had such a positive response to an ancient Egyptian tomb theme.
Thank you!! Your previous Egyptian threads were where I got a lot of the ideas, particularly using the backdrops like you recommended.

Ours is just a two car garage, and I was only able to use 1.5 of it, but it turned out nicely with the pvc pipe and landscape fabric walls.

Most of the props are hacked/doctored finds from Spirit and Home Depot with a few homemade ones as well.

Thank you again for the inspiration and the links you’ve previously posted!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow , so cool , another great theme that is so cool yet not used as much as some of the usual setups , i am interested as Ghost of Spookie asked are your animated props home made or or store bought ? very very cool.
Thank you! They are a mix of Spirit and Home Depot props that have been hacked or doctored. The mummy mask pop-up is actually a deconstructed jumping spider prop anchored to the wall and some of the others are built from mechanics of former Spirit props as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You really got a lot out of that garage space! The re-purposing of the Spirit props clearly worked out well. Any weight issue with the mummy mask on the jumping spider mechanism? Nice ToTs turnout, by the way!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts