Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone a cook? i want to make cupcakes to give to my guests, the problem is we are going to a wedding out of town the day b4 and i wont have time to cook the cakes on the day, i may have time to ice them. when we do get home on the 31st i will be putting the final touches ready for my big party, so can i make cupcakes a week b4 and without icing them, freeze them? will they still taste the same and be fresh when i defrost them?

·
Registered
24 Posts
yes freezing them shouldnt be a problem, just dont over cook them beforehand. i know with some icing you can freeze the cakes already iced depending on what ingredients are used.
if you are worried i would do a test run with a small batch and freeze them for a few days pull them out and try them...good luck

·
Registered
315 Posts
Freezing cupcakes are not a big problem as I have done this in the past. If you want a quick and easy way to frost them I suggest a piping bag (which you can make yourself with a ziplock baggie with the end snipped off ) here is a link on how it works and more or less a how to Posts - Slashfood

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree freezing them is a good idea..then just ice them after...as mentioned above a piping bag would be a fast way to ice them....I am not sure if I would ice them before freezing, I guess that would depend on the icing. Just ice them quicky, throw on a fake spider and there ya go...:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your help. yes i will then freeze them. i have found icing premade at the supermarket and also some halloween sprinkles(not sure if that is what you call them over there, but, decorations for the top of cake.) so will make them soon. and ice them on the day. oh one more thing, guess this sounds silly, but, would i take them out of freezer on the day or on the day before? how long would a standard cupcake take to thraw out? you know what this is a silly question as i know the weather is different everywhere, at the moment we are having bad heatwaves, so i guess they would thaw in a couple of hours. lol, just thinking out loud. again thanks for your help.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cupcakes

anyone a cook? i want to make cupcakes to give to my guests, the problem is we are going to a wedding out of town the day b4 and i wont have time to cook the cakes on the day, i may have time to ice them. when we do get home on the 31st i will be putting the final touches ready for my big party, so can i make cupcakes a week b4 and without icing them, freeze them? will they still taste the same and be fresh when i defrost them?
Get a cake dish. You know the glass ones with the cover. Those will keep it as fresh and moist as when you made them.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Freezing this is absolutely a breeze, as everyone has said.

I freeze all kinds of breads, muffins, and cupcakes all the time. They stay completely moist and wonderful. I just let them freeze on a cookie sheet, then throw them in a big ziplock bag and remove all the air. Then when it's time to thaw them, I take them out of the bag and set them on the counter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts