Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Brother-in-law told me about these cool vodka bottles he got, and since I'm obsessed I had to run out and get two. Not sure what I'll do with them exactly, probably fill them with something UV reactive like tonic water in one and liquid tide in the other. I'll have to drink the vodka first, perhaps I'll drink it and then decide what to do. Could be some interesting inspiration.

View attachment 4079

View attachment 4080

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vodka Skulls

Well up here in Canada we have government run liquor distribution, so I got it at the local liquor store. Dan Akroyd is involved with this. He was in town recently (he is a Canadian btw) promoting his wine, this vodka and a tequila. Here is a web site that the manufacturers have, not sure it will help you find it...

Crystal Head Vodka

·
Banned
58 Posts
I tell ya those are pretty flipping cool compared with the clear resin ones/acrylic. I wouldn't mind a night with one of those..maybe a James Bond marathon....No I expect you to die mr Bond!!!!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
SWEEET!!!!!!!! I'll have to pick one (or more) of those up.
Know anyone who likes vodka???
LOL

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$50 per bottle

For our friends down south $50 for a bottle of booze might sound high, but because we have government controlled distribution here, the taxes included in that price are quite steep. This is expensive, but not nearly as high compared to other bottles of similar size as you might think.

Having said that I would have paid $50 without the vodka for this.....

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
I went last night to look for this, and my local store had them, but they are $46 each. They are about half sized, and look really cool, but even though I do like my vodka, I'm going to have to wait till a special occasion... told the hubby that would be a good anniversary present! :D

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
Well up here in Canada we have government run liquor distribution, so I got it at the local liquor store. Dan Akroyd is involved with this. He was in town recently (he is a Canadian btw) promoting his wine, this vodka and a tequila. Here is a web site that the manufacturers have, not sure it will help you find it...

Crystal Head Vodka

Wow that's a great looking bottle. Beverages and More here in the States carries it too so it seems like they have pretty good distribution (I like B&M's website as you can check inventory at your local store; and I'm sure come closer to Halloween, the vodka will be quickly snapped up). Not being much of a drinker and then usually wine, sometimes beer of late, the price is steep ($50 USD). At least I like vodka drinks so it might not be a total waste for me. The bottle is way cool though and probably a collector item at some point. I have two crystal skull votive holders ( Yorick Votive ) that I love and the vodka bottle would be a great edition on a shelf with them.

BTW Dan Akroyd was in town here recently making a movie. I hadn't realized he was involved in this business. Kind of interesting bit of trivia. Thanks for posting about the vodka.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bottle Size

I went last night to look for this, and my local store had them, but they are $46 each. They are about half sized, and look really cool, but even though I do like my vodka, I'm going to have to wait till a special occasion... told the hubby that would be a good anniversary present! :D
Not that I want to be too picky, but they are probably closer to 2/3rd size than half. Here is a picture of one of the bottles next to one of my Buckies....

View attachment 4086

Sorry probably not the best picture....

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
Not that I want to be too picky, but they are probably closer to 2/3rd size than half. Here is a picture of one of the bottles next to one of my Buckies....

View attachment 4086

Sorry probably not the best picture....
Sure, it's maybe 2/3 size of a blucky head... but compared to a real human skull, it looked about half sized in my estimation. (or baby skull sized)

Wanna split the difference? :D;) It's not life sized, anyway. (dang it)

·
Magic Man (Taken)
725 Posts
To all the Kansas members, Crystal Head Vodka is not sold in Kansas. It might be in Missouri. When not building props or haunting, I run a liquor store. Will check with the distributors and see if they are contemplating adding it to the Kansas brands. If they do, I will post when it happens

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UV staging

I was having some fun. Took three LED UV Flood lights from GoldenPSX on Ebay and mounted them under a glass top. This is with just the vodka in them, haven't even gotten to putting in UV reactive liquids.

View attachment 4109

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I did a search and found a site that sells them for $40.

Tryied to check out to see what shiping would be. Said cannot be shipped to NY???

So does that mean they wont be in NY liquor stores either?

Turns out they have a stoe in NJ.
Mapquested it , 55mins away.
may call to check stock and go for a ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts