Halloween Forum banner

521 - 540 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I will continue to look in Homegoods whenever I go. If I recall, that’s where the iguana came from. Maybe they’ll get more as it gets closer to fall?

·
Registered
888 Posts
I haven’t been to a store for work or pleasure in months. I don’t think I’ve been to TJ Maxx since January. I’m sure I missed out on a lot. Have you found anything cool on eBay, Etsy, or from Earthbound Trading?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yes, my stores are open here....I’m in NC and it’s been a couple weeks now since we’ve opened back up. But if it makes you feel any better, none of them have anything good. Those few crystal balls I had bought well before stores even closed. Most of the stores are empty and have been pretty empty since reopening. I think they are just now starting to see trucks come in with new stuff. But many of the shelves are still very bare.

View attachment 730357
As long mine is open when they start stocking Halloween! 👻🎃

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi everyone! Long time no talk! :)

I’ll have to go thru my things and take pics of the couple of new additions I’ve made over the last 6 months or so as far as stands go, but I thought I’d post these since I had a photo handy. I’ve run into a few crystal balls, all found at Homegoods, that I couldn’t resist.....

In the second photo, I bought the hand, but not the monkey. And I’m kicking myself now for not buying the monkey when I saw it because now I want it and cannot find him anywhere :rolleyes:

So what’s everyone else been up to over the last few months?

View attachment 730356
I have wanted a hand holding a crystal ball!!!!! MUST HAVE THIS! Hey, kids. I had hoped 2020 would be a better year. Last year, for me, was cancer treatment and hair loss. I put my mother in Memory Care at the end of October and had to cancel my annual coven party.This year I have lost one of my Golden retrievers to cancer and will lose the other one shortly, also to cancer. I have had to put off my move to Colorado for a second year and I am getting antsy. Been cleaning out my childhood home. It would be nice to have a pleasant Halloween this year, I kind of need it. We all kind of need it, no? Now I have to set my sights on that hand. And hair growth- I have about 4 inches-yes!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
What do you all think of the Raven Serving Bowl as a crystal ball base? I'm definitely keeping my eye on it.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I have wanted a hand holding a crystal ball!!!!! MUST HAVE THIS! Hey, kids. I had hoped 2020 would be a better year. Last year, for me, was cancer treatment and hair loss. I put my mother in Memory Care at the end of October and had to cancel my annual coven party.This year I have lost one of my Golden retrievers to cancer and will lose the other one shortly, also to cancer. I have had to put off my move to Colorado for a second year and I am getting antsy. Been cleaning out my childhood home. It would be nice to have a pleasant Halloween this year, I kind of need it. We all kind of need it, no? Now I have to set my sights on that hand. And hair growth- I have about 4 inches-yes!
Oh no, Im so sorry I didnt read this until now. I hope things are going better for you & that life isn't as stressful. We're planning on a simple but pleasant Halloween so everything will flow.
Take care 🎃🎃🎃

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I haven’t been getting notifications for this thread and I’m not in the habit of checking it daily (although now I will because it seems to be that time) but I’m so sorry to hear about your year! That’s a lot of cancer to have to deal with for any one person, so I truly hope that there’s something in the upcoming Halloween season that can lift you up. Yay on the 4 inches! If I see another one of those hands in my travels, I will pick it up for you.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
What do you all think of the Raven Serving Bowl as a crystal ball base? I'm definitely keeping my eye on it.

Absolutely, 100% YES!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I haven’t been to a store for work or pleasure in months. I don’t think I’ve been to TJ Maxx since January. I’m sure I missed out on a lot. Have you found anything cool on eBay, Etsy, or from Earthbound Trading?
Sorry I missed this question....still can’t get the hang of when I get notifications from this site! Seems to be nilly willy. I can’t think of anything offhand that I bought that was Halloween related or even just Halloween-ish in general. Haven’t really bought from those 3 sites in quite a while though. Only cool things I bought over the last 6 months were those crystal balls. Oh and of course quite a few tarot decks, which I posted over on that tarot thread we created last season.

How about you?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I need to really go thrift shopping some day....I have never been in one but I’m always envious of the finds other people make in them!
What?!?!?!?!? I'm sorry!!! I have been getting real lucky lately. I guess people stuck at home have been thinning their stuff in storage! I have gotten rid of alot but not my Halloween stash. I have found several light up pumpkins for about $2 each and 2 porcelain dolls that stans about 2ft tall. They were $6! I need to make them spookier some how

·
Registered
284 Posts
I haven’t been getting notifications for this thread and I’m not in the habit of checking it daily (although now I will because it seems to be that time) but I’m so sorry to hear about your year! That’s a lot of cancer to have to deal with for any one person, so I truly hope that there’s something in the upcoming Halloween season that can lift you up. Yay on the 4 inches! If I see another one of those hands in my travels, I will pick it up for you.
Aww, that's sweet. I fear they are part of COVID history now.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Shadow Panther, that brass stand in the above pic is definitely vintage and found at Goodwill for $2. It has beautiful markings all over it. The ball in it was found last year at the same Goodwill! I never get that lucky!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone know of a place selling Calcite ball shaped? Heard they glow really good under a blacklight! I know of certain other minerals, but they're not shaped like a ball.

521 - 540 of 540 Posts