Halloween Forum banner

501 - 520 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just got an email from Crystal River Gems (don't remember signing up for it?) Looks like some good sphere prices if you aren't looking for something really big. Never shopped there before, but apparently they are in Pennsylvania.
Crystal River

·
Registered
888 Posts
I stumbled across this today. While it’s a smaller stand, it’s pretty weighty. I particularly like the detail on the cats. No markings, so I have no idea who or where it was made. The sales sticker simply said vintage stand. I’ve included pictures of it with two different size spheres. Anyone seen this stand before?
9E04DBAA-79D1-4881-B542-C079D4B5CEB0.jpeg
15C4AD25-85B4-4E6B-8FB9-EABB507F9C47.jpeg
F0E18336-13AA-42AC-B306-AE01209F1E50.jpeg

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I stumbled across this today. While it’s a smaller stand, it’s pretty weighty. I particularly like the detail on the cats. No markings, so I have no idea who or where it was made. The sales sticker simply said vintage stand. I’ve included pictures of it with two different size spheres. Anyone seen this stand before? View attachment 721934 View attachment 721935 View attachment 721936
Bobbiejo? Did you find this in a store or antique/resale shop? Love it n itd be my familiars holding my seeing ball. Im still trying to find stands that arent dinky nothings. Just checked earthbound .. zip nada

·
Registered
888 Posts
Bobbiejo? Did you find this in a store or antique/resale shop? Love it n itd be my familiars holding my seeing ball. Im still trying to find stands that arent dinky nothings. Just checked earthbound .. zip nada
I found it at a place called BlueMoon Gift Shop in Wilmington, NC. The store is comprised of individual sellers (booth rental) selling both new and old stuff. I’m not sure where this seller got the cat stand, but there was only one available, so I don’t think contacting them will produce another stand. Maybe look online for cat sphere stands?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Hi everyone! Long time no talk! :)

I’ll have to go thru my things and take pics of the couple of new additions I’ve made over the last 6 months or so as far as stands go, but I thought I’d post these since I had a photo handy. I’ve run into a few crystal balls, all found at Homegoods, that I couldn’t resist.....

In the second photo, I bought the hand, but not the monkey. And I’m kicking myself now for not buying the monkey when I saw it because now I want it and cannot find him anywhere :rolleyes:

So what’s everyone else been up to over the last few months?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Yes, my stores are open here....I’m in NC and it’s been a couple weeks now since we’ve opened back up. But if it makes you feel any better, none of them have anything good. Those few crystal balls I had bought well before stores even closed. Most of the stores are empty and have been pretty empty since reopening. I think they are just now starting to see trucks come in with new stuff. But many of the shelves are still very bare.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
OMG! So many I’ve missed out on! I want that monkey 🐒 crystal ball!
I know he’s cute isn’t he! I don’t know why I hesitated. Ok, maybe I do. It was just after the holidays, which is always a time when i like to give my wallet a break. And he was $30. So I didn’t buy him because I asked myself, “do you REALLY need another crystal ball?” But then a few weeks later I bought the elephant, and then I told myself, see, now you need the monkey because you have all these other animals sitting on crystal balls and you should have him too! Oh, and I bought another snake one similar to the one we bought at earthbound trading.....forgot to take a pic of that one. The maker of them is Christian Siriano, so if you happen to research it and find it (I tried and did an extensive search and only found one on eBay that someone was trying to sell for $300 — not happening!) or if you happen to find them in store, please keep me in mind. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it ever since I bought the elephanto_O

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I’m having a heckuva hard time finding any of them. I found a few stores in South Africa that have the leopard, but they don’t ship to the US. You can order them thru Alibaba if you want to order 300 of them though :LOL:

501 - 520 of 540 Posts