Halloween Forum banner

481 - 500 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Came across this today.....yet another crystal ball from Horchow. I like the jaguar one better, but for over $400, neither one of them will ever make it into my collection.

View attachment 717743
I have been interested in a hand holding a sphere for a while. Not $400 interested, but enough to consider repurposing a hand for it. Metal hands would be very nice.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I like the jaguar one better too, but the hand is pretty cool. That’s a lot of money though.

I was looking at Earthbound Trading recently and noticed the octopus sphere is no longer offered. I know it wasn’t your favorite, but it wasn’t bad for $39.
I’ve actually been seeing a lot of octopus things lately...but I just can’t get on board with. I don’t have anything against them...I love sea creatures but because I don’t have any other related things, it just doesn’t fit in with the rest of my decor.

I saw this really nice octopus bowl stand at Homegoods last time I was there and i thought, that could make an interesting crystal ball stand! Although it was on the large side so you’d need a pretty large sphere for it. Didn’t buy it of course.

Did u end up getting the Earthbound one? I’ve ordered a few things from them recently (non-Halloween related though) including a large selenite tower that is AMAZING. I keep checking every now and again to see if they added anything new for the Halloween season but nothing so far.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I am so ticked off right now. I won a rubellite sphere on Ebay about 2 1/2 weeks ago, it was supposedly coming from Arizona, which would be a short trip, after a week I contacted the seller asking when it would ship...no response, so yesterday I attempted to make contact again nothing until 11:00 last night when I get an email from Ebay telling me the seller has cancelled the sale.
Excuse me? I have a feeling they didn't think they got enough for the sphere. Also, I saw a listing for the exact same one (same pics and seller name) on etsy and the asking price was a lot higher....and it was in China. I call BS! :mad:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I am so ticked off right now. I won a rubellite sphere on Ebay about 2 1/2 weeks ago, it was supposedly coming from Arizona, which would be a short trip, after a week I contacted the seller asking when it would ship...no response, so yesterday I attempted to make contact again nothing until 11:00 last night when I get an email from Ebay telling me the seller has cancelled the sale.
Excuse me? I have a feeling they didn't think they got enough for the sphere. Also, I saw a listing for the exact same one (same pics and seller name) on etsy and the asking price was a lot higher....and it was in China. I call BS! :mad:
Oh that sucks! I hesitate to buy from eBay because this type of thing has become common. It has happened to me on several occasions and I mean that literally. I hope you find a replacement soon!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
That’s definitely a possible reason they canceled the sale. I bid on so many spheres that were from China sellers and I’ve seen some shady business. Many of them bid on their own auctions under a different username (aka “shill bidding”), and I’ve also bid on something to only lose out because I didn’t bid enough, but seconds later I get an email informing me that I won it. In that case, the seller canceled the transaction of the highest bidder (which was likely themselves) and then it goes to the next highest bidder, which was me. But because it happened within seconds of it all, I’m sure it was because the seller was just ensuring they got what they wanted $$ wise.

As for the Etsy listing, that could just be that the seller listed the item in multiple places. I’ve seen that several times, even on things I’ve purchased that weren’t crystals. In fact, I bought this sconce on EBay and when I received it, there was a note on a piece of paper inside the box that said “reminder to remove the Etsy listing” which I thought was kind of funny as I’m sure they didn’t mean to send that to me!

Sorry you had to go thru that! But yeah, bottom line is ya gotta watch out for those China sellers! Many of them have distributors here in the U.S. but their selling tactics are still the same.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah it sucks , but I feel somewhat vindicated, because I made an offer on a septarian( had been watching how much ones of this size were selling for) that was rejected so I up my offer my also rejected.
So I just watched the auction, it ended up selling for less than my original offer ???????:devilish:
Yep it was in China

·
Registered
284 Posts
That happened to me on one of my first wins when eBay was still a baby and you had to contact the seller to get the total price with shipping and there was no PayPal. I wrote and never heard back. I asked a question about one of his other auctions, got an answer and said oh, by the way, how about a reply on the auction I won? Crickets. I complained to eBay. HA! crickets there, too. I saw it relisted and left bad feedback. He left retaliatory bad feedback for me. At least now they can't hurt buyers that way. I would still report to eBay if I had won and they canceled or if I had lost and then won like Spirits Vineyard. If they do that a lot,there's a pattern, eBay can't like it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Any collectors of tumbled stones? I have two necklace pendants that open up, allowing you to carry various small stones inside. There was a gem and mineral event this past weekend in my area, so I bought a few smaller stones. Anyone want to take a guess at the types? They shouldn’t be too difficult to guess. ?
D5D34B1E-EEEE-4FCC-9D2B-BE4592472E4C.jpeg

·
Registered
284 Posts
Any collectors of tumbled stones? I have two necklace pendants that open up, allowing you to carry various small stones inside. There was a gem and mineral event this past weekend in my area, so I bought a few smaller stones. Anyone want to take a guess at the types? They shouldn’t be too difficult to guess. ? View attachment 718817

Bottom, center is the opacity and creamy color I would like in 2 - 90MM spheres. Nice stones!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I’m not really good and remembering some of the names, hence the question marks....but here’s a few I think I see!

Tigers eye
Amethyst
Tourmaline?
Clear crystal
Smoky quartz?
Carnelian agate (the orange one)?
Moonstone? (the milky white ones)
Green jasper or nephrite?

That’s all I got ?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I don’t have any tumbled stones, but I do have a few worry stones, crystal points, and several selenite towers.

If you see the tigers eye point, that came from Earthbound trading. For the price it’s actually pretty nice. I ordered a few more, as well as a couple smoky quartz and one lapis lazuli. They were on clearance for $9 and were 40% off on top of that.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don’t have any tumbled stones, but I do have a few worry stones, crystal points, and several selenite towers.

If you see the tigers eye point, that came from Earthbound trading. For the price it’s actually pretty nice. I ordered a few more, as well as a couple smoky quartz and one lapis lazuli. They were on clearance for $9 and were 40% off on top of that.

View attachment 718843
I like the terminated crystals. I have a small one on a lariat necklace that goes through an agate. That is a favorite necklace of mine

·
Registered
888 Posts
Look what arrived this afternoon! The crystal ball stands I purchased on eBay. They came with the glass spheres that you see. The good thing is the stands are curved on top because they are specifically made for spheres and the glass spheres just sit on them, so they can be used elsewhere once I get real crystal balls. They are going to go great with my other stands!
C9A4E66F-7321-4E34-A997-F353AC109163.jpeg
23690178-9BFB-4761-90E2-88E7A6F853BA.jpeg

·
Registered
888 Posts
I’m not really good and remembering some of the names, hence the question marks....but here’s a few I think I see!

Tigers eye
Amethyst
Tourmaline?
Clear crystal
Smoky quartz?
Carnelian agate (the orange one)?
Moonstone? (the milky white ones)
Green jasper or nephrite?

That’s all I got ?
Pretty good Spirits Vineyard! You probably would have got 100% had they been bigger. Being so small, some of the color variations you normally look for can be missed.

On the left side going down: 3 rainbow fluorite, 2 smokey quartz, and 2 tigers eye.
Center row going down: 5 black tourmaline, 3 amethyst, 2 moonstone.
Right side going down: sunstone, almandine (garnet), crystal quartz, chrysocolla, carnelian

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Wow I was really off on that green one....never heard of chrysocolla! And I never would’ve guessed the almandine..I was wondering what that one was! I was almost thinking it was a labradorite and just wasn’t seeing the color reflection since it’s so small, but left off my guess on that one.

481 - 500 of 540 Posts