Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spirit or crystal balls have come up in several other threads recently so I thought I would start one dedicated just to them. I recently purchased this one and am looking for a unique stand for it. It is clear quartz crystal with gold and silver veils and planes.

Spirts Vineyard and Bobbiejo have beautifully amazing collections and have shared pictures on other threads. Their balls are stunning.

Please tell us about you sphere collection, whether crystal or some other stone. Also, please share photos of your display if you are so inclined! We would love to see them!

Does anyone else use their balls for anything other than just display or as a prop?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
That’s beautiful! I’ve actually been looking for a quartz one that has gold in it, but just haven’t found the right one yet.

Personally I think it’s the stands that are the hardest to find, if you want a unique one. I found one on Etsy recently that I’m excited to get. I will post pics later once I receive it. But apparently it’s a handmade one so it’s gonna take a few weeks. You might want to try there if you haven’t already!

·
Registered
382 Posts
That’s beautiful XPired! And Spirits I love the photos you posted of yours on the other threads. Where do you find them all?

I just started collecting. I ordered the one from Grandin Road and a large clear one from Etsy. I will post pictures when I get them!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Great crystal ball! What’s the size?

I have maybe 14 crystal balls in various sizes. Most are 2 inches up to 7 inches in size and are crystal glass, not actual quartz. In addition I have 6-7 real gemstone spheres (crystal quartz, orange calcite, onyx, and fluorite off the top of my head).

I agree about the stands. Unique ones are so hard to find and they are what truly make the crystal ball.

I have a few packed up with my Halloween decorations, but most get left out year around. I need to dust my sitting room where they all are displayed. I’ll gather them all together on my desk and take a picture. Soon!

Spirits - I just ordered a stand off Etsy as well. LOL I wonder if we ordered the same one. Was it the three snake piece?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can see how the stand would make a huge difference. I will check out Etsy to see what I can find. I did find a vintage one online that is brass with lion feet. Simple but classic.

I'm looking forward to pictures Bobbiejo and Wycked. Bobbiejo and Spirits Vineyard, what do you look for when purchasing gemstone spheres? When you buy crystal quartz do you prefer vails and planes (inclusions) or clarity? How important is size to you?

·
Registered
888 Posts
I can see how the stand would make a huge difference. I will check out Etsy to see what I can find. I did find a vintage one online that is brass with lion feet. Simple but classic.

I'm looking forward to pictures Bobbiejo and Wycked. Bobbiejo and Spirits Vineyard, what do you look for when purchasing gemstone spheres? When you buy crystal quartz do you prefer vails and planes (inclusions) or clarity? How important is size to you?
I guess that would depend on the purpose of your crystal quartz. Is it for Halloween decorating or for meditation and spiritual purposes? I think it will cost you more money for a crystal quartz sphere with fewer inclusions because clarity is a sought after trait. Thus the popularity of glass crystal balls which have ‘perfect’ clarity with minimal cost. Personally I buy gemstone pieces that ‘call’ to me and the bigger the better. If you can touch the available options prior to selecting your stone, that’s great. If not, look for shades or color patterns that appeal to you while viewing on your computer screen or smartphone.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess that would depend on the purpose of your crystal quartz. Is it for Halloween decorating or for meditation and spiritual purposes? I think it will cost you more money for a crystal quartz sphere with fewer inclusions because clarity is a sought after trait. Thus the popularity of glass crystal balls which have ‘perfect’ clarity with minimal cost. Personally I buy gemstone pieces that ‘call’ to me and the bigger the better. If you can touch the available options prior to selecting your stone, that’s great. If not, look for shades or color patterns that appeal to you while viewing on your computer screen or smartphone.
I was asking about you personally as I know we all choose for different reasons. I was wondering what calls to you and what your preference is. Personally, I like inclusions in clear quartz but I also appreciate clarity and brightness. Some seers say to purchase clear quartz with no inclusions for scrying, especially for beginners as the inclusions can be a distraction. However, I think the inclusions can be beneficial, adding mystery and something special and prefer them myself. But not to the extent that the ball is so cloudy that nothing can be seen in it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
I thought this was a nice clear cystal ball (4-1/4" dia) and comes with a wooden stand it rotates freely on:

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
BTW saw these Halloween Jewelry Hildie & Jo charms at JoAnn Fabrics -- tarot reading silver charms and crystal ball. Seem to be all sold out unfortunately but I really love them. Anyone shop there enough to know if they will get more of these in stock or do is this old stock they are getting rid of?

·
Registered
382 Posts
BTW saw these Halloween Jewelry Hildie & Jo charms at JoAnn Fabrics -- tarot reading silver charms and crystal ball. Seem to be all sold out unfortunately but I really love them.

[/QUOTE
I thought this was a nice clear cystal ball (4-1/4" dia) and comes with a wooden stand it rotates freely on:

Ghost of Spookie, I love those charms. Maybe they will get more in stock.

I also think that is a nice gazing ball. It’s a nice size for display without taking up a lot of room. Do you have one?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thank you for the tips Bobbiejo. I’m just starting and can use all the advice I can find!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where do you guys get your quartz crystals from?
They are actually harder to find than one would think, especially good quality ones. Try rock shops. Online I like Mineralminers. There is also a place in Clearwater Florida but I don't recall the name of the company off the top of my head. When I get a chance I will see if I can find it for you. They are online and have some really decent sales and quality balls. There are some nice spheres on eBay occasionally but be cautious and do your research on any piece that is being offered. Keep in mind that good quality pieces are an investment that you will be able to recoup your money from someday.

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Great crystal ball! What’s the size?

I have maybe 14 crystal balls in various sizes. Most are 2 inches up to 7 inches in size and are crystal glass, not actual quartz. In addition I have 6-7 real gemstone spheres (crystal quartz, orange calcite, onyx, and fluorite off the top of my head).

I agree about the stands. Unique ones are so hard to find and they are what truly make the crystal ball.

I have a few packed up with my Halloween decorations, but most get left out year around. I need to dust my sitting room where they all are displayed. I’ll gather them all together on my desk and take a picture. Soon!

Spirits - I just ordered a stand off Etsy as well. LOL I wonder if we ordered the same one. Was it the three snake piece?

Haha, of course you’d be the one to find the same stand! What color did you buy? I bought the gold one, and according to the listing, only one was available. But they did have a silver one but it was already purchased. Now I assume that was you? How funny!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I can’t speak to where the best place is to buy quartz crystal balls, but the small few that I have I bought from EBay. You just need to do your research before you settle on a seller just to make sure they’re legit, And if they are, you can get some at good prices. I find that the smaller retailers with their own websites tend to have really high prices. Maybe they’re worth it, if it’s something you really want to invest in. So far the only ones that have really called out to me and that I’ve purchased is tiger’s eye, rose quartz, and citrine quartz.

For the clear crystal balls, most of mine have come from Amazon. Amlong has the best prices I’ve seen (you’ll see them on both Amazon and EBay), and anything over 50mm is what I’d consider an investment because that’s the size point when the prices start to really jump. Size is pretty important to me, especially with the clear ones because I wanted a variety of sizes in my collection. The largest I have is a 200mm, and I really would love to find a good stand for it. It’s super heavy so I just have it on that that wooden one it came with.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Haha, of course you’d be the one to find the same stand! What color did you buy? I bought the gold one, and according to the listing, only one was available. But they did have a silver one but it was already purchased. Now I assume that was you? How funny!
I bought the gold version as well.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I bought the gold version as well.
I think the seller just relists the item, maybe spacing it apart to give her time to make them. When I bought mine, the silver was sold out and only gold was available, which was fine by me because I wanted the gold anyway. And after I bought it, the listing went down immediately. But then yesterday when I looked, the listing was back up and only silver was available. She probably listed one of each color and you got the gold one. I actually ended up buying the silver one as well. I figured for that price, and considering how hard it is to find unique stands, I’d just have one of each color. I certainly have enough balls for it! LOL

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think the seller just relists the item, maybe spacing it apart to give her time to make them. When I bought mine, the silver was sold out and only gold was available, which was fine by me because I wanted the anyway. And after I bought it, the listing went down immediately. But then yesterday when I looked, the listing was back up and only silver was available. She probably listed one of each color and you got the gold one. I actually ended up buying the silver one as well. I figured for that price, and considering how hard it is to find unique stands, I’d just have one of each color. I certainly have enough balls for it! LOL
Do you mind saying which stand it is?

1 - 20 of 540 Posts