Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back for our 4th year!

Killer Movies!
Screening films of our celebrity guest stars and indie film fest!

Killer Guests!
Meet the stars of your favorite horror films!

Killer Music!
Live bands have been added this year for your rocking pleasure!

Killer Events!
VIP party!
And new this year..... Horror Themed After Hours Party Rooms! Come party at one or reserve your own and carve your place in Crypticon History by hosting a party room of your own! Autopsy Bar? Zombie Prom? Crystal Lake Party? its up to you!

November 6-7-8 2009
Bloomington Minnesota
WELCOME TO CRYPTICON MINNEAPOLIS 2009

Our 1st guest just added!!

Get in the sack with Jason Voorhees himself....
Steve Dash!

Steve Dash played Jason Voorhees in Friday the 13th part 2 and was also in the cult classic film Ms. 45 and the Sylvester Stallone film Nighthawks!

More guest announcments coming soon!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Crypticon welcomes our 2nd guest!

Tony Moran! The unmasked Michael Myers in the classic film Halloween!

Crypticon 2009
Nov. 6-8 Bloomington MN
This year the real horror happens AFTER Halloween!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crypticon Minnesota 2009 is proud to announce its 3rd guest.....
I'll admit I had a crush on this woman growing up.
She was in the claissic Amityville Horror, and Rob Zombies unpcoming Halloween sequel H2, all of us know her as Lois Lane in the Superman movies, Minnesota please welcome....
Ms. Margot Kidder!

Another guest to be announced soon!!!!

-Don of the Dead

·
Registered
15 Posts
Crypticon Minnesota welcomes our 4th guest!

Star of Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, House of 1000 Corpses, The Devils Rejects and Repo! The Genetic Opera and many many more films:
BILL MOSELEY!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crypticon announces our 6th guest!
Welcoming to the Land of 10,000 lakes....er....Lagoons!
Ricou Browning, better known as "The Creature from the Black Lagoon"!!
Ricou did all the underwater creature scenes in all 3 of the Creature From The Black Lagoon films!!!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
What are the costs associated with attending?
How much is the admission- day vs weekend pass?
What's a celb autograph go for?
Is parking free or pay to park?

The website doesn't answer any of these questions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What are the costs associated with attending?
How much is the admission- day vs weekend pass?
What's a celb autograph go for?
Is parking free or pay to park?

The website doesn't answer any of these questions.
Tickets should be on sale soon.
Last years prices were $20-$30 per day depending on if you pre ordered and which day (open longer on Sat.)
3 Day pass was $45 and VIP pass was $65 don't knwo the prices this year yet.

Celeb autogrpahs usually go as following:
$20-$25 for an itme from thier table
$10-$20 for your own item
Each celeb has their own prices/rules

Free parking and pleanty of it!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got a Ghost problem? Need a kickass guest for Crypticon?

Who you gonna call?

Ernie Hudson!

That's right the Ghostbuster himself will now be at Crypticon MN 2009!

Ernie is also in such films as The Crow and Congo and the upcoming Ghostbusters 3!!!!

Welcome to Mr. Hudson!

·
Registered
324 Posts
How is it I never even heard of Crypticon MN?? This sucks.

I would go, but I am already scheduled for an even more horrifying day on the 6th.

Can we say "colonoscopy"?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Thanks again Don for a great event! I was a fan of Ernie Hudson as a child, even one of those lucky kids that got to make a homemade ghostbuster suit. Then when I moved out and was no longer censored from all the amazing stuff that makes up the Horror genre, I became a huge fan of Bill Mosely. Both were great to meet!

So keep these coming.

And PLEASE OFFER THIS YEARS T-SHIRT ON YOUR SITE. I was truly bummed out that I was unable to get one.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I attended today with high expectations.
The over all size of the convention was much smaller then I thought it would be. Was disappointed that Charles Band canceled but, these things happen. Very much enjoyed meeting the Celbs & talking with Ricou Browning (Creature from the Black Lagoon). Liked the two Q&A sessions (Ricou Browning, Linnea Quigley & Don Calfa - Return of the Living Dead). The Sideshow Vaudeville Burlesque Show & Creepy Costume Contest were fun too.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I suppose if i could give some constructive critisim. I believe there was more vendors this year than last year. It was also rather crowded in here. Would be nice to get a little bit of a bigger room for the next few years. Also inform miss Scarlet Salem that I would have bought an autograph if she would have spent more than 3 minutes in the 5 hours I was there on Saturday at her booth. And ORDER MORE T-SHIRTS! ;)

I sat in on the Q&A for Ernie Hudson and Bill Mosely this year. Both were great to listen to and it was truly amazing how the mood changed. Ernie was very positive, he had tons of cool stories. Then Bill Mosely got up there and the F bombs rolled. It really showed that even though a character is not the actor, that the actor still has a real life personality that goes along with the rolls they get.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Really?
I was there the entire day... met her in the morning, bought her dvd, both her & Joe autographed it. She & Ernie did go out to see the Ecto-1 GhostBusters car. Scarlet did change into a GhostBusters suit & posed in pics w/ Ernie & the GhostBusters. Actually I did talk to her later on at her table too. Maybe it was just bad timing?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts