Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The unfinished head of the Crypt Keeper prior to being painted and built up. Made out of old faithful Crayola modeling magic. and an other shot of him half way painted. I have to find some shots of him finished with hair and costume.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Wow! nicely done.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Love it! Btw, did anyone else notice that he kinda looks like Gollum? Just couldn't help but notice. :p

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish I had his laugh I was making him to be seated but the chair came out bad. tried using spray foam for texture and It looked more like an elephant dumped on the chair

·
Registered
18 Posts
looks very nice ,,, job well done,, but i have a question. can that stuff be used outside and if so do u have to coat it with anything

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use it outside all the time but I would coat it with krylon crystal clear or something similar to give it more durability if it were out in all weather for a long time without protection it will chip . I usually paint them in acrylics and if it rains I put a bag over their heads. the clay is very "nurf" like so i would assume it will drink in rain but I have never had it happen. anything else I can do to help please ask away.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been meaning to ask if you sculpted the model magic onto wig heads or what kind of amature? Really would love a tutorial!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts