Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS WAS VERY SIMPLE.I got a $20 wood lookin bucket at big lots,cut hole in the middle and slid it down on a 4+4 post.added a cross pc and some netting,secured it to a heavy duty pallet.i added some pirate props for looks.i might make a halloween float with this.

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Great tutorial... Did you paint it with glow in the dark paint? Or is just the lighting giving it a special effect? Do tell!!! I want to do a crows next too.And does Big Lots still have those buckets? Thanks again

·
Technological Terror
724 Posts
That's one awesome looking prop, FoggyF! I would have to say that the mast and cross might look slightly better with a little walnut stain on it to match the barrel. It's just that the wood looks a little too new.

Great work!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big lots still has those buckets around here.the lighting is just a green floodlight. I agree about the staining it but at night you can't tell anyway,when its lit up.thanks for the kind comments!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I like your thinking! I would certainly stain everything to match of course, but the prop is quite clever and sells the idea of a ship very nicely. How long ago did Big Lots have this item in the store? What section of the store was it in? The backyard decor area? I am doing a pirate cemetary this year and this could really make it believable...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That's a quick and very effective crow's nest! Grea idea.

I wish I had seen that before I started mine a few years ago. I made mine out of plaster lathe and 1x2's.
There's only about $8 worth of materials in this one, but about 2 hours labor.

Eric

1 - 11 of 11 Posts