Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yikes, that is awesomely disturbing.

I would suggest using beet juice to dye the gelatin that is going directly on her skin/fur in case she licks at it. I'm not sure whether food colouring is safe for dogs to ingest, it is probably only tested as safe for humans.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea! Thanks. Was trying to figure out what I was going to use. Good coloring would not be a choice. UOTE=Spanishtulip;1802825]Yikes, that is awesomely disturbing.

I would suggest using beet juice to dye the gelatin that is going directly on her skin/fur in case she licks at it. I'm not sure whether food colouring is safe for dogs to ingest, it is probably only tested as safe for humans.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
262 Posts
I love that you are making a costume for your dog, and I love the idea of a zombie dog. However, one thing that I thought of when looking at your pictures is what is the occasion for dressing up your dog? Is it a daytime or a nighttime event? If your dog is just accompanying for trick-or-treat then you may have done too good a job making the mangy part blend with the dog's natural coat. In the dark of night on a black dog, people may not realize the dog is in costume especially if you are hanging back from the door. Of course when the face is made up that will help, but I am just offering something to consider--that you may want to go bolder with the effects for night than you would do for a daytime event.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts