Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is our fog curtain as recorded on October 28, 2009. this is a work in progress, but i think it is fairly effective now. we used it in our haunted trail. this mock-up is using a 400 watt fogger instead of the 700 watt one we usually use, and it also isn't filled with ice. instead it just has a couple of cold beverage cans in it (lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaYs5i2QsQc

and here we've mocked it up with a strobe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPJWSR15GDU

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my hubby drilled them for me, he says he thinks they are 3/16. we are going to add more holes, or make the ones it has bigger for improved flow.

·
Registered
719 Posts
thats a cool idea, I wonder how well it would work with a few long slots in the pipe instead of holes, like 3ft long slots.......hummm, gives me some ideads, thanks for sharing this

·
Registered
175 Posts
I love it...ahhhh projects for next year...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Really wish I wasnt at work so I could see this. Just got two extra foggers from an old haunter, would love to make fog walls around my open-walled gazebo area (outdoor party tomorrow weather permitting).

·
Registered
16 Posts
thats a cool idea, I wonder how well it would work with a few long slots in the pipe instead of holes, like 3ft long slots.......hummm, gives me some ideads, thanks for sharing this
You might run into structures problems. I have cut into PVC like that and within a few inched it flexes in on itself. Of course I was starting on an end so YMMV:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For this tutorial where is the step by step? :confused:

i'm sorry i posted it in the wrong place... i can write it out though.

measure your doorway and mark the width of the doorway on your pvc using a sharpie. drill rows of holes (or slots if you prefer, that's a good idea, btw!) on the bottom side of the pipe. firmly tape shut the other end of the pvc so no fog will escape.

firmly attach the pvc to the back of the doorframe. i used zippies to do this in my haunted trail. insert 16 ounce soda bottles, filled with frozen water into the pvc pipe. you could fill it with dry ice or regular ice if you prefer. you may need a non-slip surface under the doorway if you use ice loose in the tube.
next attach dryer duct to the end of the pipe, using duct tape to seal it off. insert nozzle of fogger into dryer duct.

and it's ready to go!
we built a small shelf for the fogger to sit on, you may have to as well, depending on your location, and i found that a regular remote works better in this than a timer in our situation-we could hear the patrons coming through the maze in plenty of time to give a good blast with the fogger.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You might run into structures problems. I have cut into PVC like that and within a few inched it flexes in on itself. Of course I was starting on an end so YMMV:)
i think the slots are a great idea. if i were to do the slots i would probably buy a cap for the 3inch pvc and glue it on rather than using duct tape to seal the end. it would add more strength i think.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts