Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been listening to supposedly true stories on YouTube (yes YouTube. I get to have my phone on at work while building bikes so long as it doesn't hold me back from my work) Anyways, this got me started thinking about the experiences I've had in my life. I thought it might be cool to have a thread where we can post our experiences. I'll start with one of my most recent ones.

About a month ago my wife woke me up in the middle of the night, calling out my name several times until I responded. Once I was awake she looked at me and spoke softly and clearly saying, "They are coming. They're coming to take 10,000 of us away. I am one of this number. I just wanted you to know that." And then she laid back down as if nothing happened. The next morning I asked her about it obviously since it freaked me out. I repeated what she said and asked if maybe it was a dream she had. Nothing. She had no memory of it or a dream. It freaked us both out, but we both agreed that it had to have been a dream.

What's something creepy you experienced?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
One of the first creepy things that happened when I was maybe 5 yrs. old my Dad had built me a real nice playhouse, a bunch of kids my age were in there , it was a beautiful Summer afternoon.
We heard a loud "Growl", we looked out the North "window" toward the neighbor's small plot, a large bush grew there maybe almost 10 feet high,in almost the top of that bush we saw a huge pair of canine teeth, the rest of whatever it was was hidden via the shrubbery.
We all tip-toed out the door , on the South side of the clubhouse, then ran like hell!
We never figured out what this was. Now 55years later we are seeing a migration of bears and big wild cats, Bobcats, here , but then nobody had ever seen such animals around here before.
This is a different part of Illinois, hilly,valleys rock cliffs,many hiding places available for critters.

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find your post especially interesting as I just came across a story from somewhere here in Illinois, date unknown, where a boy was attacked by a weird creature. He lived as I understand it but shortly after the attack a nearby neighbor heard a noise coming from his door. He grabbed his gun and opened the door to find a creature on his porch. When it lunged at him he shot it. It ran away and hasn't been seen again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I moved into my current apartment about six months ago. My roommate told me the place was haunted, but despite my superstitions, I was rather skeptical. Everyone who knows me tells me their place is haunted. As it turns out, though, this time it may be correct.

The first incident happened a couple of weeks after, while I was trying to get to sleep. I heard someone walking around above me. The problem is, we live on the second floor of a two story building.

Shortly after that, I was lying in bed (all these incidents happened in my room after dark) when it started vibrating. This continued for some time. I may have fallen asleep before it stopped.

Next, I was on my computer when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I opened it, and no one was there. Both of my roommates were in bed sleeping.

The final thing (so far) once again happened while I was on my computer. My bedroom door opened. By this, I don't mean it just unlatched. It swung open as far as it could go. I went out to see if it might be either of my roommates. One was at the other end of the apartment on his computer, the other was in bed sleeping.

Nothing else has happened in the last month or so. I'm curious as to if anything else occurs, and what it might be.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
When i was maybe just 4 or 5 yrs. old I awoke late at night to the small little "Clicking" sounds coming from just a few feet away in the upstairs hallway. There was no door on my bedroom yet,the hallway was narrowed because a large piece of furniture with drawers had been put there that held many articles of cloth and clothing.
I knew what that "Clicking" sound was. There were decorative brass "pulls" on all of the many drawers that swung out freely and when they swung back, the "Clicking" was made. Sometimes as my mother walked quickly passed this furniture the "Clicking" sound was made by her walking passed it since it was a narrowed walkway with this furniture located there.
It may have been 2AM? The "Clicking" was not stopping, there was no wind blowing,the night was still.
I finally crawled out of my bed and walked a few feet to see why the sound wasn't stopping?
I had my own flashlight. I had expected to find a reason why the sound just kept on going. I also expected to maybe find our cat sitting there batting those loose-hanging, free-swinging brass Pulls.
I turned on my light, in this extremely narrow walk-way, there was no cat, no Mother and no breeze.
My Mother had stacked many piles of clean, folded laundry on to the top this large furniture. My flashlight made a shadow against the back wall at the end of the hallway of .. A PIRATE!
Complete in every visual way!!
The Pirate was not moving, "How can i see an invisible "Pirate?" Or rather the Pirate's shadow,maybe 10 feet away?
I think this was when I began calling out loud for my Parents.
This odd shadow was created by the folded items piles up on the top of this dresser.
Why those drawer pulls were "Clicking" non-stop,i don't know?
With no bedroom door... I was "available" to any ghost or Pirate ghost that may have been in the hallway, in Mount Carroll, Illinois, ten miles from the Mississippi river,surrounded by hills,valleys, cliffs and cornfields.. what an ambitious Pirate ! The creek running through the yard was only about 20 inches wide and only inches "Deep" most of the time... but then a shadow Pirate ship might be able to"Navigate" that?

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a house in Joplin, MO located on 15th St. My brother owns it. I lived in this house four times and helped with most of the renovations. Once while replacing some of the piping under the house we found bones. Then, probably a couple weeks later, they were gone. So that's a little back story. The last time I lived there with my parents before moving out on my own there were several times we heard distinct footsteps in the attic. Like someone wearing boots and pacing slowly back and forth on hardwood flooring. Now there was a partial hardwood floor in the attic. However, the only way into the attic at that time was a very noisy drop down ladder in the hallway connecting all the other rooms. We were very cautious and always kept our windows and doors locked while living in the city whether we were home or not. Several years later a 2 story addition had been added including a door to the attic from the upstairs bedroom. My mom and I moved back into this house for the last time after my dad died and we couldn't afford the house they were buying. I had moved back in to help take care of him the year prior. Anyways, the upstairs bedroom was my room since it was uncomfortable for my mom to climb stairs. I would hear things on just the other side of the attic. Movement, voices (whispered muttering), tapping, etc. It got worse after my mom moved in with my brother, who lived in a different town, leaving me alone in this house. I would see shadows moving and felt sad and alone out of nowhere. During this time and one other time I had lived there before I had gotten almost 6 hours of EVPs. There were too many voices to really discern for the most part with the exception of a couple male voices and one female. I want to point out that this house was very old having started as a simple one room structure and having additions built on over 100+ years. We found newspaper clippings from the time each section was done from inside the walls respectively. My brother put the house up for sale in 2002 or 3 and the last I knew (2013) it was still for sale.

If anyone would like the exact address for this house so you can look at it one Google street view/satellite, let me know.

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ask only one thing. Its been over 3 years since I saw the house in person so I have no idea if someone is living there. So please don't bother anyone if there is someone living there. If there isn't anyone living and you go by the place don't damage the house. Thank you!

1501 S. Grand Ave.
Joplin, MO

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Would "Remote Viewing" by your mode of operation, Rictras?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The "Bad" thing is, "Warnings" stimulate " some kinds of personalities. (I usually don't care for people like that either.)
Ownership and "Property" should always be respected whether or not there are locks on the door or no Trespassing " signs.
In many states now, if you paint the color Purple on a tree this constitutes "NO Trespassing "
I noticed a man here painted the utility poles purple around his house. ."

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was aware of this possibility but decided I should anyways. I may not get along with my family but I do still respect the fact that my brother owns this house. I wish I still had my tapes. I've thought about doing a recording of my building. My wife and I are the only residents so it wouldn't be a problem cutting out external noise. The only problem is is that even though I still have my tape recorder from all those years ago I don't have any tapes, Lole! But I've heard things and felt like there was "something" there. So we'll see. As for my brother's house
I did have other experiences. There was also another house west of it on 15th St that we had bad experiences with. I had nightmares about that house after my parents first looked at. I begged them not to move in. But we did. My brother and I almost got electrocuted. A dark shadow in the corner of the room that my dog, Sparkplug, growled at and even barked at. We moved into the house next door and a nice couple moved in. They cleansed the house immediately and even the actual structure looked better. As if a decade was taken away from its age

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This actually happened a couple nights ago. My wife was sleeping, she works early mornings, and I was doing the dishes. Now, I've lived in this building for over 2 years and there's only the one apartment and thus just my wife and me and our cats living here. I heard a knocking noise. Okay so there were 2 possibilities. One is the artist renting the space below us as an art studio or the church next door which tends to set up huge speakers on the sidewalk and blast Christian music at the dealers across the street. Ok so the artist has been working on several large projects and has been hammering a lot and we're used to hearing it. However he has been kind enough to keep the noise level down after my wife goes to sleep. The strange thing is that the knocking I was hearing was rhythmic, repetitive, and had remained constant for over an hour. Literally it did not stop and the rhythm never changed. Finally it got to me and I had to investigate. It was extra strange that I heard it in the kitchen but heard nothing in the bathroom. The way the place is set up you can hear everything from downstairs in the bathroom. This is because of a gap in the wall just below the bathroom on the first floor. Even if its a calm conversation between 2 people down there you will hear voices. I heard nothing in the bathroom. Went back to the kitchen and I could still hear the knocking. It was a little louder now. It sounded like someone knocking on the wall. Finally I went downstairs to see. The artist wasn't there! And the church, though still playing music wasn't the cause either. I could hear the knocking in the stairwell too! And the stairs are 2 rooms away from the kitchen. So I knew it wasn't the church music. And it wasn't someone knocking constantly on the doors to the building either as the stairwell ends by the doors. Everything else was just quiet. The only other possible explanation would be someone in the basement but there's a pile of furniture blocking the door to the basement with other random things blocking the furniture. This has remained unchanged and untouched for a couple of months and its the ONLY door to the basement. The building was dark and locked up. My wife asleep and just us there. By the time I sat down after finishing cleaning the kitchen the church was quiet and I could still hear the knocking. I know this building. I've lived here for over 2 years and have been in every part. The pipes don't make any sounds, no hammering in the line when you turn the water on. No creaking as it shifts and/or adjusts with the weather. Its old but solid and well loved. No known explanation. When we first moved in there were 6 people living here. We've had some good roommates and some bad ones. A couple, particularly one, were just horrible! The whole building had an air of constant tension back then. But as they all left it got better and after it was just us living here it was like the building sighed a breath of relief. The tension was gone and the energy of our house became positive. I don't know if any of you take any stock in the belief of energy but we do. I haven't told my wife about the knocking. Even though I didn't feel threatened by it there was something unfamiliar and just "outside" of the normal of our home. Like something that wanted in but couldn't. I fell asleep listening to this knocking. I haven't heard it since.

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
I've told my ghost stories before on other threads, I used to live in a very old Victorian house that seemed to be occupied by a very terrifying "clown-like" entity. (I now that sounds crazy but I'm not joking) I also used to live in a fairly active apartment complex during my college years.

However, my most recent experience was actually at my friends house, he had lived at this location for about a year and I was helping him move. On the last day of moving, he asked me to run to his house and get the last two boxes, so he gave me his house key and I drove over there. It was late evening, it was dark but it was still bright enough to see. I opened his front door and just as I was reaching for the light switch I heard an odd noise, I stood there for a minute listening when I realized it sounded like a women talking. It sounded faint but nearby, like it was coming from the far end of the house, it also had a strange echo to it, like she was "talking over herself" (sorry, it's very difficult to describe). The boxes I needed to get were where this voice sounded like it was coming from, as I walked across the house the voice seemed to get louder but then get a little quieter. Finally I entered the room where it seemed to be eminating, and sure enough it stopped. I grabbed the two boxes and began making my way to the front door, when I reached the living room, I stopped in my tracks because sitting on the fireplace was what appeared to be a partally transparent person. They were just sitting there staring out the glass backdoor. I started to walk towards the front door, the entire time I was staring at this figure. I locked the door and left.

When I saw my friend again, I told him the story. He was a little surprised by my experience, he told me that he and his wife had heard a woman's voice while they were living there, his wife even said she had seen a woman standing in the backyard once. I wonder if I saw who they saw?

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,092 Posts
My family has a zillion ghost stories. It's crazy. We are very sensitive to spirits and such, I guess you could say. One story always stuck with me, because I was part of it, sort of.

Back story: I lived at my Grandpa's house, two doors down from my aunts house. In the morning, I'd walk over and hang out before school, and my cousin and I would walk to the bus stop together.

Okay...so my aunt was sleeping on the couch one night. She woke up and noticed smoke coming from the fan in the living room window. She jumped up, thinking the fan was on fire...but when she got there, the fan was perfectly fine and there was no smoke. She shut off the fan and laid back down. A little bit later, she woke up to see ME standing in front of her by the front door. It was still dark out...she groggily sat up and asked me what I was doing there so early...then cleared her eyes and soon realized, it wasn't me. It was a young woman, a little older, who looked very much like me, but was wearing an older style offwhite/light brown dress. She also told me she noticed the girl wore a ring with a large, blue stone. My aunt started to sit up further and get up, and the girl backed away and was gone. My aunt called the person who sold her the house, and asked straight out if it was haunted. the woman admitted it was, but said she didn't want to tell my aunt for fear she wouldn't buy the house. If this woman knew my family better, she'd have known a little haunting wouldn't stop us, hahaha!
Another night, my aunt was asleep in her bed. She had a dream...maybe a dream, it seemed real...that she was lying there, looked up and a man slit her throat!!
Obviously, this very real dream freaked her out a bit. After the ghost "me" in her living room, and this scary dream, she did some research. She found out about a girl named Laura, I think she said, who lived years ago...looking very similar to my appearance...who was killed by her boyfriend/fiance while she was in bed...he slit her throat.

(it's been years since I have heard her tell this story, so my details may be off, but that's the basics of the story.)

That year, I was to be in a haunted house for charity. I needed a spooky costume...so, who better to dress up as than this "Laura" who looked so much like me and was our ghostly visitor?? I went to a thrift store, found an old fashioned, off white, aged dress and a ring with a large blue stone. I got dressed, put on the ring and. of course, used makeup and fake blood to "slit my throat". Needless to say, I gave my aunt a very eerie feeling when she saw me, hahaha.

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is awesome! The dressing up like her part! It'd freak me out something awful if I saw something like that and the entity looked like someone I knew. I would have done the same were I in that situation.

My family wasn't really sensitive per se, but there was one thing that we all saw at some point and multiple times. We called it the family goblin. The thing is is that no one knew which side of the family it came from and the eldest members of my family didn't remember the first time they saw it, whereas us younger ones could. Mine was in the early 90s not long after we'd moved to Missouri from Oregon. It was dark outside and we were setting up for dinner. The living room and dining room were connected via a large archway and there were several windows spread along most of the walls evenly except for the dining room which had only the one and it was by the archway. Anyways I was only like 7-8 years old at the time. I looked out the window in the dining room window and saw a face staring in. It frightened me so much I jumped, dropped the tablecloth I was holding, and froze. It just stared at me. Its eyes were huge with pinpoint pupils and no lips and its jaws and teeth went back really far towards where its ears would have been had it had any. Its skin was greenish. It looked more like a mutated corpse than anything else really. So after who knows how long it was one of my brothers bumped me as he passed and I finally looked away. I wanted to look back but was scared. I just pretended nothing happened. But my curiosity did kick in and I looked. It wasn't there but I thought I saw something moving around back in the shadows. I kept staring out the windows all evening until one of parents inquired as to why. I reluctantly explained what I had seen and waited to be told some of the usual things kids always get told in these situations. However I was asked to describe what it looked like. After describing it to my whole family they all looked kinda awkwardly at each other. Apparently none of us knew that others had seen it too. That's when it got named the family goblin. It would always do the same thing and at random times. We'd hear footsteps outside our house, sometimes running, sometimes walking back and forth. I haven't seen it in years. Maybe I'm too boring Lole!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts