Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,976 Posts
I just got a book by Ossian Brown called "Haunted Air" & it's nothing but a collection of found pictures of people dressed in Halloween costumes. The pictures range in era from 1875-1955 so there's no Ben Cooper/Collegeville stuff from my childhood, but the pics are way creepier.

http://www.amazon.com/Haunted-Air-Ossian-Brown/dp/0224089706

There's only a single picture on each page, there's only the occasional pictures on the back of pages, most are just on the right facing page. There's no text on the pages (unless someone has already written on the actual picture), no info or explanation about the pics, it's LITERALLY JUST the pictures. It's very effective in its presentation & great coffee table book even though it's not a large format book.

I can't recommend it enough to everyone here that digs this type of vintage stuff.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,976 Posts
Also, has anyone here read "Mrs. Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children?"

It's a great YA book & the story is told with found pictures like this. Some of the pictures in the book have been altered but the majority weren't altered at all & they're pretty odd pictures, or maybe I should say they're "peculiar" pictures. It's going to be a trilogy (or maybe more) so there's currently a second one out Hollow City. Both great books but the second one ends as if there's more because there IS more.

Miss Peregrine link

Hollow City link

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,976 Posts
The second one is good but it's very much a "middle" book. It ends with way more to go & know. I can't wait for the third.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thank you! I'm always looking for pictures like these for my digital photo frame.

Edit: Oops, I just realized this is a very old post. I can't figure out how to delete my reply.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you! I'm always looking for pictures like these for my digital photo frame.

Edit: Oops, I just realized this is a very old post. I can't figure out how to delete my reply.
I've done that too Shellyfish but I don't think you need to delete, it would be cool to see some of your collections

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thank you for that 2nd pic, it tickles me! I just imagine driving home on a dark rural road when my headlights catch a foggy illuminated glimpse of that little scene. WTH!?!?!?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts