Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am working on an idea for my Hallowindows this year since i dont have a projector yet. I have come up with a backup idea untill i can get one. I have an old t.v. that i just hooked up with my dvd player to play hallowindows. basically i want to make the t.v. look like an old haunted looking t.v.
I am going to have a ghoul of some type seated in a chair watching hallowindow playing on the t.v.

I am just looking for some ideas on how i can creep up the t.v?

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Hmm, old haunted TV? How about a rabbit ears antenna either with an eerie looking rabbit with big ears (sight gag) or maybe an antenna that uses femor bones as the antenna? Maybe a skull as the base of the antenna device...make sure to throw on a control knob to be vintage. Don't know what your lighting will be but an eerie green glow from behind the tv would be nice. I'd also add a floor lamp with some kind of gothic shade. Maybe add a flicker circuit to it so the dim light from it flickers.

I like your concept a lot. It has some interesting possibilities.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am now working on the same thing. I have great ideas...let you know in future.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I seen an awesome haunted TV on the web but cant find the link:( The effect was a head pushing through the screen and back.

What you do is take an old style TV gut it and remove the screen. Stretch black spandex across where the screen was and put a wig head on a motor that will push it into the spandex and back.

Kinda reminded me of a Freddy movie!

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
I have 2 cool tv effects that were vid dvd files made by a couple of other haunters that have a static with shadows of a person & another with a girl trying to get out. I will dig them up & load to my share site for you later today or Sun.
They are pretty cool for a haunted tv entity look ( done in B & W ). I will post with kudos to the creators that made them-credit were due ! A green light behind adds an eerie effect.
I used it with a green lite illuminating the back wall behind tv, but hooked the green lite to a flicker circuit from a florescent lite starter.

·
crossfit zombie
7,491 Posts
I have 2 cool tv effects that were vid dvd files made by a couple of other haunters that have a static with shadows of a person & another with a girl trying to get out. I will dig them up & load to my share site for you later today or Sun.
They are pretty cool for a haunted tv entity look ( done in B & W ). I will post with kudos to the creators that made them-credit were due ! A green light behind adds an eerie effect.
I used it with a green lite illuminating the back wall behind tv, but hooked the green lite to a flicker circuit from a florescent lite starter.
That effect sounds great!!!

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Got the ok from the creators of these, so here is a link to the 1st one,Thanx to Ravenhearst Manor from Haunt forum for this !

http://www.4shared.com/dir/7QyA7JC-/Special-vidsetc.html

password- hallotunes
-------------------
The second one I will have to link a lil later today as files are larger & will have to load seperate folders for easier up & downloading. Enjoy !!

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Just uploaded another one called "curtains" for a window with floating evil red eyes with curtains gently blowing about...... kinda cool. Link below post to folder.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Glad you like, have to dig up the info on whom created the "curtains" for proper Kudos - credit always given to credit due...... :)
Should have the other tv ghost static one up in the next day or so & will post when it's up for download.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You could leave out the dvd part and have the static "snow" channel ala "POLTERGEIST". Maybe add a soundtrack with some "spirit voices" for ambiance. To creep the whole thing out you could have several lit candles dripping down the screen and sides with charms ,talismans, symbols etc. Kind of like a Snteria or Voo Doo shrine. Use turkey leg, thigh, and wing bones to top the whole thing off.

Im going to do something with bones this year. Strip the meat, (thats the fun and tasty part) then bring them to a rolling boil them for 35 to 45 minutes to clean off whats left and kill the germs. Let them air dry then hit them with a few coats of Krylon flat clear to seal in anything that may have survived to boiling.
Marc V

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Thanks so much for posting those videos DarkLord. They are great! I would definitely love to use the Scream Scare one with your permission. :)
Glad you like it, permission was granted by creator Ravenhearst Manor, I just posted it for you all, so have fun with it !!
I have another one that was done by a member on haunt forum that i was also given permission to pass out that is also pretty cool, but is 254 MB file, so I just have to find a site that can handle large file for download & is free.......
Keep your eye out on this post for a link, I think I found one but has a 5 day expiration............

1 - 20 of 22 Posts