Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Creepy Peeper yesterday and could hardly wait all day to set it up. Or set my family up, I guess you could say. :D It seems to be pretty well made and looks much better in person than it does in online images.

creepy_peeper.jpg

I figured it would have the best scare effect in the dark, so I waited until the sun went down and then stuck him with the little suction cup on the outside of our kitchen window. Then I set up the video camera and proceeded to scare the crap out of my husband while he innocently went to the fridge to grab a drink, and my daughter as she was dutifully putting dishes away.

I have to say, I have never seen either so scared in my life. Unfortunately, I didn't position my video camera at the most opportune angle, so I wasn't very pleased that the prank wasn't fully captured, but I still have to get my son with it.

I knew it was going to rain today so I took it down last night, and everyone has kept quiet about it so it will be a great surprise tonight. I can hardly wait until it gets dark ...

I highly recommend this prop. It'll be great for Halloween as I'll position it inside the house to look out at trick or treaters, but while waiting for that it's great for everyday pranking. Heck, maybe I'll just keep it in my living room window all the time and freak out my postman on a daily basis, lol.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought him a couple of years ago and usually keep him in my car. I sometimes stick him on the passenger window when I diagonal park. Really freaks out other drivers when they get in their car right next to him.
That also sounds like fun. Usually in October I keep a Pose n Stay skeleton in my truck. That usually get a lot of looks, lol.

I have to go out today. Maybe I'll rig up the Peeper on the rear side window.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have one of those, I never thought something so simple would scare people so much, hahaha love it!!

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
I bought that same Creepy Peeper last year. I love him and loved reading your post themyst. Man I would have liked to have seen your video of your hubby and daughter if it had worked out. Great idea about the car. When I do my carnival theme I'm going to have him peeping out of the inside of a tent looking out at the ToTers walking past. The company that does this guy also has a clown but I figure this guy can do double duty if I set him up right. Figured he doesn't have to be a clown. Another fun idea would be to set up a faux fence panel with a large hole in it with the guy peeping out.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought that same Creepy Peeper last year. I love him and loved reading your post themyst. Man I would have liked to have seen your video of your hubby and daughter if it had worked out. Great idea about the car. When I do my carnival theme I'm going to have him peeping out of the inside of a tent looking out at the ToTers walking past. The company that does this guy also has a clown but I figure this guy can do double duty if I set him up right. Figured he doesn't have to be a clown. Another fun idea would be to set up a faux fence panel with a large hole in it with the guy peeping out.
Ahh, that's why I like it here. So many great ideas!

I did manage to get my son the next evening, however he's a pretty pragmatic kid and even though he was startled, there was no obvious physical reaction. Which was too bad, because I had the camera in a good place this time. Oh well, give them a little time to forget about it and I'll get them again one day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts