Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes! The organist is finished! Well, I still need to dress him lol
But now I need to find some creepy organ music to have him play.
I am totally uneducated when it comes to classical and organ music. Especially organ music that could be used for halloween.
So any help with names of titles to download or where I can download would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
MsMeeple

·
Registered
293 Posts
there is a song out there called "organ grinder". It is not the Marilyn Manson version. I think (and am most certain) that is a 60's version.

I used to have it before I reformatted my computer, yet I have to find it again.

If anyone has the 60's version of the "Organ Grinder" let me know!

E

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hello!

I'm at the office right now (don't tell my boss ;) ) but if I remember well, last year I purchased an album that was called Creepy Organs for Halloween. I bought it from iTunes for $9.99 CDN... on there was the famous Tocatta, which, in my opinion, is THE organ song to have... The album had 12-13 tracks, so that's less than a dollar per song... Not bad....

Here's a link I found on Amazon
Amazon.com: Creepy Organs for Halloween: Creepy Organs for Halloween: Music

Hope this helps! :)

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
Here's what I did for organ music at our funeral-themed party several years ago. I downloaded several midi files of classic rock songs (Hotel California was one, I remember). I also downloaded a simple midi editor. I then loaded each song, removed all but the lead track, changed that one's instrument to "church organ", slowed it down a bit, and saved it as a new file. You should have seen the looks on people's faces as they heard the music playing softly in the background and recognized it as The Eagles!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the ideas and suggestions everyone. I'll check out the site and maybe even download a midi editor :)
Dark Lord also sent me some mp3's via email.

·
Registered
234 Posts
MsMeeple,

I have a great organ music clip I'm sure you will like. I'll send it tonight.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Available from iTunes:

• J.S. Bach, Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor. The classic horror organ music.

• Henri Mulet, Thou Art the Rock, from Esquisses Byzantines.

• Philip Glass, Koyaanisqatsi, from Koyaanisqatsi.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and then you will dress your skelly and give us a treat. a video clip of this prop in action. i have been waiting for this. yeah
You'll have to be a bit more patient. The robe with hood that I made for him looks ridiculous. Gonna try to find one online from England to buy. Can't make a video of a naked organist....or can I? lol

MsM

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
You'll have to be a bit more patient. The robe with hood that I made for him looks ridiculous. Gonna try to find one online from England to buy. Can't make a video of a naked organist....or can I? lol

MsM
A naked skelly playing the pinano....:eek:...... now that'll get some bones rattl'in.. :D
i guess as long as he's over 21 it's ok.......course not sure about if Larry will permit Bucky nudity on here.......LOL

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't wait to see the video. I was on you web site last night and your props are amazing!
Thanks! I still need to finish some prop sections of the page but that will have to wait till after halloween. Nice to know that someone visits it haha

MsM

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A naked skelly playing the pinano....:eek:...... now that'll get some bones rattl'in.. :D
i guess as long as he's over 21 it's ok.......course not sure about if Larry will permit Bucky nudity on here.......LOL
Problem is...he's not a skelly but a metal frame lol
2 week delivery time from England :(
Guess I"ll have to work on my sewing skills.

MsM

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Problem is...he's not a skelly but a metal frame lol
2 week delivery time from England :(
Guess I"ll have to work on my sewing skills.

MsM
WAIT....that does give me an idea. I do have a bucky. Just not too sure how hard it would be to set the 3axis minus 1 skull on his bones and have it be secure. Hmmmm will have to have a better look at bucky's neck.

MsM

·
Registered
234 Posts
WAIT....that does give me an idea. I do have a bucky. Just not too sure how hard it would be to set the 3axis minus 1 skull on his bones and have it be secure. Hmmmm will have to have a better look at bucky's neck.

MsM
MsM,

See post #1376 of the 3-axis skull thread. I posted some pictures of how I mounted my 3-axis skull to a bucky body.

BTW did you resolve the jerkyness in your 3-axis skull? If so, what was the cause?

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MsM,

See post #1376 of the 3-axis skull thread. I posted some pictures of how I mounted my 3-axis skull to a bucky body.

BTW did you resolve the jerkyness in your 3-axis skull? If so, what was the cause?
It wasn't so much that it was jerky but that it was possessed lol Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didnt. AND sometimes it worked when it wasn't even supposed to. Pieter thinks its the power to the card. He's checking to see if there's a loose connection and is going to try a different power source instead of the battery.

Two week delivery time from the UK for the costume. We did find a gladitor costume here at a store in the Netherlands. 25euros for that stupid piece of nylon! But it seemed easier than trying to hook the skull up to the bucky (thanks for the thread link) so we bought it. This is how he ended up looking. I want to try to get the whole scene set up this weekend to see how it looks and what needs to be done to make it better before the party.

·
Registered
369 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts