Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,726 Posts
I do voice work, so if you don't find anything (or just want an option while you continue to look) I can do a version for you. I'm assuming female voice? Any accent/old lady/kid or anything particular?

I'll locate my mic in the next hour or so (I'm fixing dinner right now! :D ) and see what I can come up with, but let me know if you have specific requests for how you want it to sound like.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Thanks for that offer. I've been looking around and cant find anything creepy, just normal singing. Here is the prop it is going to be used for. She is rocking a baby so I wanted it to be as creepy sounding as the prop looks, know what I mean?

IMG_7659.jpg

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,726 Posts
Okay, cool. Give me a little time and I'll get something done and let you know where to find it. :)

I'm assuming just humming/singing, no actual instrumental stuff? I'll do some creepy stuff and you can let me know.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,726 Posts
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2pby9k125yrtwp/RockABye.mp3?dl=0
^direct dropbox link, which should not require you to jump through any hoops or register or whatever. This likely is the best way to download. Just click the "no thanks, continue to download" text at the bottom of the window if it asks you if you want to register/create an account and it will allow you to do a simple download.

https://freesound.org/people/FrankieGirl/sounds/442836/
edited link to change to less wonky upload site (backup download if dropbox glitches)

^creepy slow humming of song, then short pause and actual singing with another short pause so you can loop it. With a reverb/echo. I wanted it so you can definitely understand the words/song without the distortion of super creepy voice... but again let me know! :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy Crap! Are you kidding me?? I love it! That is perfect! When I started playing it, it scared the s**t out of the dog! OMG. I can’t thank you enough!

·
Registered
127 Posts
That is awesome Frankies Girl! Can I just ask, I was on a YouTube channel looking for creepy lullabyes and I swear there was a lady who sounds just like you, singing then explaining the meanings behind the song? Is it you? Either way, yours and hers voices are so beautiful... yet unnerving!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Also, bmacd, I don't like looking at that for too long, the mother is creepy. Well done. It is going to be even better(/worse?!) With the sound!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,726 Posts
That is awesome Frankies Girl! Can I just ask, I was on a YouTube channel looking for creepy lullabyes and I swear there was a lady who sounds just like you, singing then explaining the meanings behind the song? Is it you? Either way, yours and hers voices are so beautiful... yet unnerving!
That Youtube channel isn't mine, but thanks for the compliment! :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, bmacd, I don't like looking at that for too long, the mother is creepy. Well done. It is going to be even better(/worse?!) With the sound!
LOL! I'll post the video. I still have to add bloody skin to her mouth and the baby's throat so it appears she has taken a bite out of her baby. I can already tell you that putting it on the desk in my 12 year old daughter's room and activating it so she could find it when she walked in, was probably not the best idea. Screaming, tears and "I hate you dad!" That was a week ago and she is still upset...its even worse if I start walking around the house humming the lullaby!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
LOL! I'll post the video. I still have to add bloody skin to her mouth and the baby's throat so it appears she has taken a bite out of her baby. I can already tell you that putting it on the desk in my 12 year old daughter's room and activating it so she could find it when she walked in, was probably not the best idea. Screaming, tears and "I hate you dad!" That was a week ago and she is still upset...its even worse if I start walking around the house humming the lullaby!!!
Nope, nope, nope. It's disturbing enough as it is haha. Hahaha I'm sorry but high five to you... I think... I love your sadistic streak but equally I can't help but feel sorry for her... I'd be trembling! haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts