Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to use lanterns for my casket and cementary scene. They would be on shepard hooks. I had some questions on colors.

Envision This
34.jpg Purple Floodlight

42.jpg

41.jpg

Design.jpg Red or purple.jpg I am going to make (2)candelbras similar to this design probably a flat black. They would be on the side of the casket. What color candle votives should i make them Purple or Red since the casket lighting is purple?

Then if i have purple candels and a purple floodlight would a purple lantern make it too much purple? Or should it be red or no lantern at all it might seem to busy? If by casket i would have 2 lanterns behind it.
Purple.jpg

Red.jpg Do these lanterns even look Halloweeny or creepy? I think i would rust them a little bit to make them spookier.

Heres my cemetary (its not the greatest but it works) I would like to have 4 lanterns here Which color do you think purple, red, blue, green, yellow, orange? My cementary lighting is generally strobe lights shining on the hanging people. And 2 green floodlights on 2 ground dummies

103111175611.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

54.jpg

**Keep in mind for the casket I have a devil scene on the left that is mostly red** Has anyone ever had a hard time on getting the right lighting and color ?

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Honestly, I think that a mix of red and purple would look stunning. Solely one or the other, particularly when working with that much lighting, would tend to blend far too much, in my opinion. I like both Moroccan lanterns just as they are, though it is, of course, your choice whether you want to rust them.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,606 Posts
I've always liked purple lights for Halloween, myself. They give a soft, spooky glow that isn't too bright. I also like yellow/orange/white regular light colors in lanterns for realism. I would say choose whatever color you like best or what ever color accents the specific scene best, but to be careful not to go too overboard on one specific color in each scene...or too many colors in each scene, for that matter.

·
Registered
99 Posts
How about and old reading lamp that hangs from the head board of the bed. Kinda like this, but this is a casket lamp. You can sometimes find the reading lamps
at the thrift store.

c31[1].jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts