Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I want to add a case of stuffed animals and dolls to our haunt. I know I can get some stuffed animals and dolls at Goodwill, but am wondering if any of you have any secrets on how to make them especially creepy.

For instance - How do you get a cracked face effect?

I'm pretty skilled with drawing, painting, etc. so I'm not worried about that component. It is more of getting the dolls/animals base aged/distressed looking.

I am thinking I could burn some of the fur and maybe eyeballs on the stuffed animals? That might work?

Any tips you might have from doing something like this yourself is appreciated!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I haven’t broken an porcelain doll but we “remade” some plastic toys. I’ve seen people use brown paint for the fur, I’ve seen them set on fire I seen them painted, broken and re-stitched. Good will and anyone you know with kids that have toys they want to get rid of because they’re broken or old. best way to get a lot . My favorite are toys that move and talk get the Motor worn or the batteries going down to get that creepy sound. Heck some of the little dolls at Walmart that laugh are terrifying as is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Never tried it but would the corpsing with plastic sheet work?

For the stuff animals with fur, burn large holes in the plastic and expose patches of fur. Then stain the exposed skin.

If the dolls are hard plastic, try corpsing them completely.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm looking into this very thing for my toy box.
I will probably paint my doll eyes black,paint the dolls deathly white and draw on cracks with a fine sharpie. Dirt and a little blood perhaps.
Burning the stuffed animals sounds like a good idea. Lots of dirt in their fur. Maybe a bug infestation I have some very small human looking eyes that I may also try.
Hopefully I will have some nasty toy pics in my Toys in the attic thread above soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I want to learn how to make creepy dolls. I have a Cabbage Patch doll and I thought I would take a wood burner and burn some scars into her face. My question is what is the best kind of paint to use on plastic doll faces. I have a lot of Apple brand craft paint but I’m not real sure if that will stay on plastic. Any advice?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts