Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, our annual friends and family Halloween party was this past Saturday night. We had over 130 people come for hot dogs, chips, drinks and then after dark a stroll through the dreaded Haunted Forest. Everyone had a great time. One of the favorite animated props this year was my build of Creepy Creations' pirate rowboat. Everyone wanted to know how I came up with the idea for the mechanics of this thing. Well, of course I told them the truth, that I am a mechanical genius and know everything about this stuff. Well, most everyone at the party knows that I have never had an original idea in my life so I actually finally had to fess up and tell them my friend Creepy Creations (you are my friend, right. You are not going to sue me or anything for stealing your idea are you?) had a tutorial on how to make this. Anyway here it is if anyone want to see how mine turned out. When Wicked Grandma first saw it she said it was too good. "A pirate rowboat has to be leaking" So I added a small fountain pump to the build to make the boat have a leak. Like all the other props in the Haunted Forest, it looks really cool at night with low light on it but unfortunately I don't have a video camera that will capture video in low light so I only have this daytime video that is good enough to post.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the nice comments. All the credit goes to Creepy creations for the great idea and tutorial.

Camsauce.
.I did originally intend to have the passenger holding a bucket dumping water over the side but he simply refused to hold it. Then I saw another great prop from Creepy creations (his rum drinking skeleton) that I was going to steal...ah that is borrow...as well and have him drinking in the back of the boat and pointing to the leak... but wicked grandma caught me starting the build and nixed it for this year due to time constraints. Our haunt is in a 10 acre Forest at our house. We set it all up ourselves and it literally takes about 3 weeks to get it all set up and running. A lot of work for a one night party...lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts