Halloween Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
The base is comprised of three 30"x 30" square platforms welded from 1/8th x 1" steel tubing. I hinged the bottom platform to the base with two heavy duty hinges so it could move forward. I hinged the second platform to the bottom platform on the right side (front facing) so the second platform could move to the right. I hinged the 3rd platform to the second platform on the left so it could move to the left. I connected cylinder 1 to the base and bottom platform. I connected cylinder 2 to the bottom platform and the second platform. I connected cylinder 3 to the second platform and the 3rd platform. When cylinder 1 is triggered, it lifts ALL three platforms. When cylinder 2 is triggered, it lifts the top two platforms. When cylinder 3 is triggered, it lifts just the top platform. Cylinders were two inch diameter with a 3 inch stroke. Hopefully you can weld as I don't see how this could be make out of just wood or steel with nuts and bolts as it shakes a TON. Best of luck!
Thanks for taking time to write the description. Don't know if I'm up to the challenge, but your prop is outstanding.

·
Undertaker
3,190 Posts
Hey Halloween prop lovers. Here is a link to my newest animated halloween prop called Creepy Crate.

It is based off a prop that has been around for a few years called Zombie Containment Unit. I made a few changes to the original. I have been building props for 10 years and build one prop a year. I put them all out on halloween night in my yard and garage. If you like my newest prop, you can see my other creations on my youtube channel. Hope everyone has a great halloween.
Very impressive!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts