Halloween Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
The base is comprised of three 30"x 30" square platforms welded from 1/8th x 1" steel tubing. I hinged the bottom platform to the base with two heavy duty hinges so it could move forward. I hinged the second platform to the bottom platform on the right side (front facing) so the second platform could move to the right. I hinged the 3rd platform to the second platform on the left so it could move to the left. I connected cylinder 1 to the base and bottom platform. I connected cylinder 2 to the bottom platform and the second platform. I connected cylinder 3 to the second platform and the 3rd platform. When cylinder 1 is triggered, it lifts ALL three platforms. When cylinder 2 is triggered, it lifts the top two platforms. When cylinder 3 is triggered, it lifts just the top platform. Cylinders were two inch diameter with a 3 inch stroke. Hopefully you can weld as I don't see how this could be make out of just wood or steel with nuts and bolts as it shakes a TON. Best of luck!
Thanks for taking time to write the description. Don't know if I'm up to the challenge, but your prop is outstanding.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts