Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very creepy clown doorbell that cackles and simultaneously rings yourj inside doorbell.

Video in action:

What it looks like during the day:

Here's how to make this - super simple, quick, and easy!!!

1. Buy a little clown noisemaker from one of the Spirit Halloween stores - usually located near the front. When you push the belly, it should cackle maniacally.

2. Already have a doorbell that sticks out from the wall. Or buy one for $20 from Lowe's.

3. Use a jig-saw to cut out a hole the same size and shape of the doorbell in a piece of 2 X 4. (Or whatever wood will extend past the doorbell. This is so that the clown can rest flat on the 2 X 4. You'll notice that I shaved the inner edges of the hole to fit the little curved section of the noisemaker that's on the clown's back.

This picture is for #3, 4, 5:

4. Cut a small piece of wood to fit into the hole. This should be just thick enough so that the clown touches it - and it touches the doorbell.

5. Thus, when you push the clown's belly, the clown pushes the small piece of wood, which pushes the doorbell.

6. Screw two small screws into clown's shoulders - make sure that you're not going to hit any circuits. If you copy where I screwed them in, then you should be ok.

7. Make a sign explaining the doorbell since it's not everyday you find an evil clown doorbell. I still need to photoshop a bloody arrow pointing to the exact spot, but will do that later tonight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jaden!

Yea, I was watching a bunch of British comedies and was feeling cheeky when I wrote that :).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts