Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just got back from Spirit and Creepers. I wanted a 48" blacklight from Spirit but i did'nt see one. There were a lot of other things (mostly costumes and small props) but nothing i really wanted. Tons of fog juice and stage blood. Went down the street to Creepers and saw some really good deals (fill standing Mummy $49.99 down from $99) Lots of other props but one thing that really really disappointed me at the Creepers store was this......they had one of the full-sized plastic jointed Skeletons left that originally sold for $69.99. I asked the salesman/Manager how much they were and he told me "Half price" and i said "great!". They had one hanging in full view with the price tag still on it and i told the salesman/Manager "i'll take it" but to my disappointment he told me that it was sold despite a "SOLD" sign anywhere on the prop. He also went on to tell me "someone just purchased it over the phone" I felt really angry at this point and told the Salesman/Manager "this is BOGUS! Over the phone i said? whatever happened to first come first served? Then i told him, "i'll give you $50 but he declined saying "i'm sorry, it's sold" I told him how disappointed i was and that i would bet that the prop was taken by store staff (they were in the process of very quickly packing everything up)and how unfair that was, the customer should come first and i left the store with my disappointed little boy. I think this is pure CRAP that if the prop wasn't taken by the store staff in fact, they should deal on a "first come first serve basis". I guess i'm most mad because i have seen this happen time and time again. How many times have you been to a store when the salesperson totally ignores you (a living breathing customer) to answer the [email protected]#@#$#@$% telephone first The day of "the customer comes first" is truly gone. I think next year i will totally pan Creepers and spend my money at Spirit, Canadian Tire or somewhere else........

·
Registered
152 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. I went to Big Lots the other day because they had 50% off halloween. They have a Ghastly Gentleman/ butler prop that was regularly $99.99. They had one left which was the display, the box was sitting in front of it had the picture of the prop on the side. Over in the halloween section was an end cap with two large boxes and a small box of black roses between them. Kind of looked like they were just filling space. There was no identification or price sticker any where on either box.You could see double sided tape on the fronts of the other wise plain white boxes. I walked back over to the GG display box and noticed the picture on box was fastened with double-sided tape. Now to my way of thinking the only reason to put out two boxes with merchandise in them, without any kind of identification or price sticker on the sales floor is because you don't want them sold. I pulled the picture off the display box then opened one of the other boxes just to be sure and then stuck the picture on that box and went to check out and purchased it. I was waiting for someone to say something. If someone has the money to buy something right now that takes precedence over someone buying it after work or calling on the phone.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,
I went to Spirit and Creepers also this morning in Mississauga. I was the first one in the store at Spirit. Got a Hannibal Lecter for $99.99 and a few other good props. I looked at their hanging flame cauldrons but didn't buy them. Now I'm wishing I did. Did you see any when you went?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shawna, when i was there in the afternoon there were maybe 2 dozen of the "flaming lamps" i almost bought a couple myself.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,
Went there this morning and they were all gone. Oh well, always next year. Today is the last day Spirit store is open.

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Hey they got tons of 48" blacklights down here. I got a mist maker and a pumpkin rainbow light. Its a steal at 14.00.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts