Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to post this here, but I've looked around the forum and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I know I've seen it here too, so hopefully someone will remember and point it out to me. I want to repaint the eyes on the Rubies CFTBL Grave Walker. I just don't care for the brown "googlie eyes" that is came with. And I seem to remember seeing someone here had done the same thing. I would like to see a picture to find out how they went about fixing this before I give it a go myself. He's a photo of what they look like now.

Thanks everyone. :)

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Those eyes are hilarious!! :D:D:D

What's so crazy about the Creature is it was originally in B&W so any color added would be up to the artist. And every time I google that thing I remember how scary he looks.

Here's a page of the original Creature in color:
http://gammillustrations.bizland.com/lifecreature/colorcreature.htm

Looks like he doesn't have whites to his eyes & I think most images I've seen of him don't give him whites. A lot of images give him lizard eyes with that vertical pupil.

And the more I look at him the more I think I'm buying him to put into our little pond. And I'll fix his eyes too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RCIAG,

Do it! Buy one, you won't be disappointed. Except for the eyes, this thing is great looking. And I know we can fix the eyes. I just want to figure out the best way to do it. And I know I saw someone here do it already. :)

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
:D:DEvery time I open this thread I just giggle at that pic!!I :D:D

I think I'd just google to find a pic of the eyes that I like & then just repaint them with acrylic craft paint & seal it with an outdoor sealer.

And HOLY CRAP!! Look what I found when googling for pics!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pinball-Machine-CREATURE-FROM-THE-BLACK-LAGOON-UNIVERSAL-STUDIOS-/281280334169?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417d9d4959

I'd have to keep it covered when it wasn't in use because that thing is SUPER creepy looking yet awesome!! BTW, the auction is JUST for the topper which looks like what you just bought. I like the idea of taking the eyes completely out & putting in some sort of light, LEDs, whatever.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that is interesting. I have not seen that one. Not the pic I was looking for but very cool. It almost looks like those are small LED flash lights that they've put in there. Thanks for posting.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
I was just googling pics of the Creature & saw that there was a motionette for the Creature, that led me to an Ebay auction & that was one of the links listed under one of the auctions.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I was goofing around with LED's and ping pong balls planning a prop and I found a neat combo of lights. 1 red surrounded by 3 green, all 1 lumen (I think) so they are not very bright - just enough to make the eyes glow. Anyway, that's what I would try for your Creature, and experiment from there. But WOW! The eyes that came with it - OMG - LOL!
HM

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is very helpful brb813! Thank you. That's why I love this forum, so many people with such great connections and ideas!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts