Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maestro II wiring help....

Running a Creature crate with a Maestro II Controller. It worked well last year and stopped midway through the Haunt. I have attempted to fix it with no luck.

A little background....

-Trigger and fog(controller 2) is working fine.
-Air cylinder is not activating, attached to controller 1 of the Maestro II.
-When the activation button (or the trigger) is activated, I can hear the Maestro clicking as if it is activating.
-Currently, when air pressure is applied, the rod that comes out of the cylinder is being held in the down position. When pressure is removed, the rod will move up and down freely.

here is a diagram of what I have. I am trying to figure out what wires go where....specifically the two wires coming from the air controller and the two wires that come from the Adapter that is plugged into the a power source. I believe they go into Trigger 1. I have 4 wires and 3 slots. (3 slots--NC,NO,C on the Maestro) At one time I thought there was one wire that was attached from the Power adapter to one of the wires from the air controller directly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply...I will try that tonight and see if she comes alive.
Real quick, does it matter which wire is conected directly to the solenoids valve's wire? I have an all black wire, and a wire that is black with a white line coming from the wall adaptor.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,747 Posts
Your solenoid on your valve should be marked as I am assuming it is a DC coil ?
The wall wart will have a + and _ wire. The only way to be 100% sure which is which would be to test it with a voltmeter. :)

You would want to run the + wire from your transformer through your (controller) and connect the negative wire of the wall wart, right to your solenoid valve.

see attached.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts