Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks!
Thanks to the super creativity of other Halloween Haunters and their tutorials, I've started to see things that I used to think of as trash in a whole new light. Newspaper, old broken appliances, etc etc. And I KNOW there must be dozens of awesome ideas of ways to use old coffe cans. You know, the really large tin ones? We go through a lot of coffee around here, so supply is steady! :p I've thought of maybe using them to make pillars/columns. I'd love to hear what all you creative geniuses might think of!

·
Banned
58 Posts
coffee can be deadly,

hence my song,

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M3iN7dQFtZU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M3iN7dQFtZU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Man those old folgers commericials were full of "stepford Wives". Norman Bates wacked his mother over the head after a cup of maxwell house. Who can forget eating Super Golden Crisp as a kid and knew they included 2 or 3 cups of coffee per serving?

Make a haunted castle!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If your a little handy with tools...
you could make your own JOL that light up
cut a design in them to project onto the house
use them as a weather proof enclosure for flood lights, yard display
place a light in the bottom for a custom up or can lights (placed either flat, or at an angle)

·
Super Moderator
5,801 Posts
They are great for reinvigorating insectoid flesh that has become too brittle and you can't get needles through.

Soak a paper towel in lysol disenfectant, place the towel in the bottom, several dry cloths, or build a little rack for the bugs to sit on (don't want them in the damp, just the fumes, I'm forgetting the specific chemical in Lysol that does the job) in the coffee can overnight...

Then you can pin them in the morning, fold back shells and wings, position legs, etc.

(wife no longer allows me to collect bugs, but I still recall the tricks...once had a collection of over 500 species, donated to the local university when I got married)

A few hundred june bugs posed in differing positions would make people squirm. (or spray-painted to fit an egyptian scarab motif)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts