Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing some spring cleaning and found that I have two old garden hoses that don't work. Sure, most people would thing, "oh, there's a leak in this hose. Guess I should just throw it away." But not me! I'm trying to think of creative things I can do with these two hoses (about 100 ft all together) to work them into my yard haunt.

Arms for a monster? Tentacles hanging from trees? Incorporate into a monster-mud creature? Narrow tubing for a fog machine? Some silly prop for a skeleton? Hmm.....

So, I need to ask all you wonderfully creative people, what would you do with 100 ft of busted garden hose?

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
You can create a cage with black-painted hose serving as the bars. Have an actor inside the cage. When a TOT gets too close, the actor "pulls apart" the bars and reaches for the TOT.

Another idea is to use the hose for the legs of a poseable spider prop.

·
Hauntless
8,352 Posts
In the Darkness haunt in St. Louis they had garden hoses that had been dipped in latex and painted layered all over the place. The walls, ceilings. They looked exactly like jungle vines. They even had them entrapping a victim:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thats a good idea Terra, and a pretty sick picture...

I was also thinking you can cut them up and hang them from the ceiling and have your guests walk through them. Maybe covering them in Vaseline so if they try to grab them they get a surprise when they touch them

·
Registered
591 Posts
Legs for a spider,Snakes just make some heads for them, I like the vine idea too.Man eating plant.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
I would use it for fog dispensing. Drill a few holes every 3-4 feet and you can very easily dispense fog throughout the entire haunt easily.

·
Halloween Bad Girl
1,029 Posts
I would use it for fog dispensing. Drill a few holes every 3-4 feet and you can very easily dispense fog throughout the entire haunt easily.
I 2nd that. I could also us that as a guide to mark off the path of the haunt. Follow the handrail around. You know garden hose attaches on each end.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think what I might do is go with vines. After looking at some of the Cemetery pics on another thread, I think I might try and do something like this:

Nunhead Cemetery, UK

These pics of a decaying and overgrown graveyard are really cool. And I can create vines coming from the pumpkin patch, too.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Use them for sound effects. Snake them hidden behind tombstones, etc... and have a helper out of site blow/moan/whisper into one end... hard to see where these sounds are coming from?!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts