Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
We Won the door contest!!!!!

If you are creative, I desperately need your help.
My daughter teaches K-5th, special ed. The school district is having a Halloween door decorating contest. Well, I want to help her win this!!! She won't let me do what I would like to do, i.e. boarded windows and tombstones. lol
was thinking of cutting out a mummy silhoutte and wrapping it in sheets. But she, also, wants some cutsey saying on it.
If you have ANY ideas, preferably with a cutsey saying relating to school and Halloween, please let me know.
Need to start working on this NLT sun., want to put it up Mon.
thanx in advance. :)

Just an update: We WON at the school level !!!!
We went with a boarded door look; with spider web and spiders.
Now, on to the district level

·
The thing under the bed
631 Posts
The only thing I could find was a joke and a cute poem. here they are.
Q: What is a Mummies' favorite type of music?
A: Wrap!!!!!

Wrapped myself in toilet paper,
Head to toe to tummy,
Thought that I'd funny,
Thought they'd call me "Mummy,"
They just call me dummy.

·
The thing under the bed
631 Posts
"My mummy helped me with this project"
:D That was funny..
If you do some kind of joke you could make a trap door on the mummies chest that when pulled down it would drop a piece of candy along with the answer. You would just have to reload it every time.

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Okay, I wanted to drum up some ideas for you last night but I fell asleep! DOH!

Now that I've got a full cup of coffee I've got some thoughts:

Scary Mansion Entrance: Think outside the door.....Look at the outside of the door and see if you make a huge entrance around the door frame in a Gothic Victorian style complete with gargoyles. Then make the actual door look like it's a Victorian door also with a huge door knocker and maybe monster eyes peeping out from the door window.

Monster: Have a monster head breaking through the door.

Coffin: If you can pull this off, make a false door front in the shape of a coffin lid. You can have a kid hiding behind it wearing a Dracula outfit and jump out and scare people.

Giant Halloween face. Go really big and make a giant face. A witch with green hair, Dracula with teeth, werewolf with glowing eyes, a mummy with bandages, Medusa with snakes in her hair.

Demon Dog House: Make a dog door opening at the bottom of the door with half of a stuffed dog sticking out complete with stud collar. At the top of the door have a sign, beware of dog.

Cage: Put a scary monster on the door and then put cage bars over it. Hang a strobe light to flash on the door. Strobes make anything look like it's moving.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you everyone for your wonderful ideas. really appreciate it!!! :)
I am surprised (and VERY happy) that the school is allowing them to do something relating to Halloween, instead of having them do a Fall theme.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
OK here we go. Life size jointed skeleton on fron door posed cute under a tree. Tree trunk made of butcher block paper, no leaves, make branches of bucher block paper as well. Get those lights that are battery operated and string them all through the branches,(no one will have lights on the door:)) Then have him in a cemetery, tombstones could have cute sayings on them, Cute Construction paper bats, flying around and of course a moon. No't to mention Orange jack o lanterns. One in his hand and a few here and there. for saying....No Bones about it, Halloween is almost here" tombstones should be educational. Maybe drug free related. Here lies Tim..Drugs did him in. Or....... Or maybe one big skeleton under tree teaching several smaller skeletons. all skeletons looking intently at so called teacher. saying...."No bones about it, its never too late to learn, or you are never too old to learn" Dont forget lights in tree, they make impact:) and bats flying around should be trimmed in purple glitter and some orange glitter on jack o lantern. Must have jack o lanterns. Good luck, would love to see what she ends up doing:)

Dont forget spider web!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
A Halloween "Tree" would work. Get a small enough tree branch, it could probably stick out a little, paint it black.

Hang neon colored skeletons, grave stones, ghosts etc Small things are not as scary.
You could put a moon behind it. You can 'charge up' neon things with a blacklight and they will continue to glow a little for a good while. I used to have a portable blacklight from Spencers I think. You could use like a neon blue gloss on the tree and yellow on the moon. Even if you can't get total darkness it would all glow some.

If you want real lights use those kits that they use to light up door wreaths at Christmas with batteries and hide the battery boxes. There are only like 10 lights though.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Congratulations! Let us see a pic when you get a chance!

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
YAY you won!!! Woot Woot:) That is awesome:)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thank you, everybody!!! Ya'll are too sweet. :)
My daughter's kids were sooooo excited!!! I thought it was going to the district level next, but I may be mistaken. The district 'judged' at the school level, so that may be as far as it goes. The kids won a popcorn party and my daughter won a $50 gift card. Woo-Hoo!!! :)

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,113 Posts
Ok CC, great job, but what did you guys end up doing and of course that leads directly to the next question, "Where's the pics?".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts