Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The goal was to build something that looked like hell was emerging out of the ground in our backyard. We wanted bubbling lava, flames, cracks in the earth, shifted sheets of rock as if the earth had been violently burst open, smoke, and screams from deep below. Well, i think we generally pulled it off aside from the real propane flames I wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi82B6QbAOY

Materials:
red and orange xmas lights
red and orange cfl's in brackets
plastic sheeting
great stuff
foam insulation panels (cut into shards, spraypaint and stick into ground with wire hangers)
black spray paint
fogger (shoved under tarp...poke holes in hot/lava spots)

To add:
Devil
screams and moans of hell

·
Registered
53 Posts
WHOA thats great ...a couple years ago I had the idea to line my path up (Both sides) to my door with 2 ft wide by 15 ft long rolling lava

and this is an even better idea !!

GREAT JOB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes...the lighting is pretty killer in person. The effect is for viewers off of our balcony, so no one is getting too close to see any of the mishaps. As for storing it...The foam shards of earth can be stored under a tarp, but we will probably have to recreate the top tarp with spray foam. Figured I might be able to roll it, but the foam cracks badly when you bend it at all ;(

·
Registered
401 Posts
It looks killer. The pump for your fog machine seems kind of loud though. My ADJ one started to do this and eventually seized.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I feel like the fogger always has made this sound...must be a crappy model. We have a couple of backups just in case. Figured I would cover the sound with some screams and moans.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Love it!

I know the question I had was about storing it, but from your response I guess it means a few new cans of spray foam every year. That really isn't too bad. From what I could see, you can make this as big or as small as you want.

Fab!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts