Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've downloaded some clips of ghosts that I want to put into a looping video. I have iMovie but I've never used it for this type of editing. Any thoughts - should we get a different app?

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Seamless looping is accomplished with the proper video player, really nothing to do with the editing. I have HD HDMI Solid State Media Players specifically for this. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Windows movie maker works great you can fade in and out between scene's to look seamless you can do it frame by frame so you add or subtract as many frames as you want and add or change music tracks . Load to DVD , Flash Drive , SD card what ever you want .

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Windows movie maker works great you can fade in and out between scene's to look seamless you can do it frame by frame so you add or subtract as many frames as you want and add or change music tracks . Load to DVD , Flash Drive , SD card what ever you want .
I guess everyone has a different opinion of "seamless" looping. Real seamless looping will not have any fade, black screen, or pause between loops. If a player has true seamless looping capability, you won't be able to tell when the file ends and restarts.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think it depends on how the video starts and ends.
I'm using Windows Media Player on repeat too and the zombies video that I downloaded from AtmosfearFX never fades.
It's just them walking up and walking away repeatedly with no interruption in light.
If you have Windows Media Player, you can try it and see if it works for you.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I think it depends on how the video starts and ends.
I'm using Windows Media Player on repeat too and the zombies video that I downloaded from AtmosfearFX never fades.
It's just them walking up and walking away repeatedly with no interruption in light.
It does depend on the video itself not having any fade or black screen at the beginning or end, BUT, if the DVD player or media player doesn't have the capability to loop the file without a pause or momentary black screen, the looping won't be seamless. Windows media player may work but not everyone is using a PC to play video files.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts