Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to come up with idea's for this year's Halloween bash. I've settled on a carnival/circus theme and would love for guests to walk through the "tunnel of love" when entering my home, but am getting stuck on how to make this creepy without breaking the bank. I plan on using red tablecloths on the hallway walls, and bought some valentine's decorations (hanging hearts and what not), that I'll distress a bit and a few lighting elements. But that's all I got so far. I would love to have some hanging swans, but the most economical option I found was some plastic planters, which are too bulky to hang and would be more of a nuisance than a scare.

Would love any idea's or suggestions! :eek:

·
Registered
969 Posts
It would be cool if you could cover it in hanging hearts that look like real hearts... there might be some at dollar tree or somewhere cheap. Make everything red and tie strings everywhere to look like tendons and just gore in general. I would go for just gory gory gory.

For sound I would just do a heartbeat.

Arrows sticking out of the wall would be cute too... like cherub arrows.

·
Registered
181 Posts
or even take the heart shaped decorations and corpse them... cheap and will definitely give a different vibe. then paint them with a glossy fake blood. I like the arrows, maybe put some through the heart (killed by cupid kinda thing) and then splatter blood on the table cloths.... like a sadistic person created the Tunnel of love concept.

for the swans you want maybe substitute for the flamingos people put in there yard. you may be able to find them cheaper since they are just plastic and repaint them as swans... and then make them creepy also.

and make sure you post pictures, i like to see out of the box ideas come together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love these idea's thank you so much for sharing! I'll def be posting pictures once I get everything setup for the party.

·
Registered
369 Posts
To further Stochey's idea, I have always thought that fennel looked like a heart - you could find some funky fennel easily at a grocery store and chop off the ends and dip it in red paint to make easy hearts that are also biodegradable. Just a thought!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts