Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just received my Amazon shipment of two Crazy Bonez Pose-N-Stay human skeletons (Item Z18724). I will use both to decorate my home. I am employed as a biological sciences professor and often teach anatomy. Upon opening the boxes I observed that the lower legs of the skeletons are not anatomically correct. Have you noticed that the fibula is medial (closer to the midline or on the inside) and the tibia is lateral (toward the side)? Please refer to to images below. The patella is missing as well. I want to dismantle the lower legs and feet and reassemble them with the tibia and fibula in their correct anatomical position. Thought I would require a screwdriver and wrench to dismantle the legs, but I noticed there is not a removable nut on the bolt. Anyone with experience dismantling their Crazy Bonez skeletons?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have just dismantled a few different parts. I separated the legs from the upper and I shifted some arm positions by adding new holes.

I really don't think anyone will notice, but I understand it probably bothers you. I would expect a bit of modification if you want to fix it. Some joints are easy to remove while others not so much.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,581 Posts
That is actually kind of awesome that you noticed it, you being a professional. :D

Before the Halloween prop stuff really took off retail-wise, the only choices for decent skeletons were ordering "Bucky" skeletons from actual anatomical supply houses. They were rejected skeletons based off a buck-toothed skull model (hence the "Bucky" name) that weren't suitable for actual instruction and someone realized it was fun using a real looking skeleton for Halloween... but they were still like hundreds each (it's been a while). :)

The only other option at the time to my knowledge was the really silly looking "Blucky" cheapy blow mold skeletons available in stores... the BL part added to the Bucky name (BL for "blow mold").

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a 3 foot 'medical model' skeleton in my office that was given to me by a spine surgeon. He couldn't stand the fact that it came from the factory with two left hands. I call him lefty.

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,506 Posts
I have a 3 foot 'medical model' skeleton in my office that was given to me by a spine surgeon. He couldn't stand the fact that it came from the factory with two left hands. I call him lefty.
So... the spine surgeon couldn't stand that he had two left hands, but him being 3 ft tall... that was okay? LOL.

arattin - And I thought I had OCD. :cool: I get it though. I think the easiest fix to this is to switch the two lower leg parts. Put the right one on the left leg, and vice versa. It'll take a little work though.

·
Registered
213 Posts
So... the spine surgeon couldn't stand that he had two left hands, but him being 3 ft tall... that was okay? LOL.

arattin - And I thought I had OCD. :cool: I get it though. I think the easiest fix to this is to switch the two lower leg parts. Put the right one on the left leg, and vice versa. It'll take a little work though.
He actually specialized in people with spinal issues secondary to endocrine disorders that result in biological growth hormone deficiencies. So, it fit his clientele.

Okay, all of that is actually a lie. It was a model that fit in his treatment room. It is anatomically correct, and showcases minor spinal disorders (think disc issues), it's just not life-sized. In fairness, most 'life-sized skeletons we all use in our props would be short humans at 5'.

·
Registered
213 Posts
He actually specialized in people with spinal issues secondary to endocrine disorders that result in biological growth hormone deficiencies. So, it fit his clientele.

Okay, all of that is actually a lie. It was a model that fit in his treatment room. It is anatomically correct, and showcases minor spinal disorders (think disc issues), it's just not life-sized. In fairness, most 'life-sized skeletons we all use in our props would be short humans at 5'.
Anatomically correct except for the two left hands.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
fowldarr
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing