Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't think I've seen anyone post photos of Crazy Bonez's Alien skeleton that I believe is new for this year. Bought mine a few weeks ago off Amazon. He's 37-inches tall, so on the short side, but he folds nicely for storage. He also comes in a green color, but I thought bone color would show up better at night so ordered that one.

My plan is to create a statis tube for the skeleton to be stored in. Probably will use a Page Brite lit magnifying device that I picked up from ROSS to illuminate his face and enlarge it (says up to 3x) to give him more presence in the tube. The Page Brite basically is one of those Page Magnifiers you can get at Dollar Tree but with lighting. Here's some photos with and without the Page Brite.

The last photo at the top of the skull illustrates how much magnification the Page Brite is capable of. Debating what filter color I'll add over the tiny LEDs. Probably don't want a pure white being the least scary.

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW should also mention that I really appreciated the customer service from Scott at Spiders of the Web. Before the green alien was available, I had asked him back in February if he could send a photo of that version for comparison before I ordered. He sent one promptly. I just got a second email from him saying if I was still interested in the green version it was now available. I was totally impressed that he followed up and notified me out of the blue.

I've seen a number of different alien props out there but I think this is the only skeleton one so pretty unique for your haunt.

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Screaming Demons in addition to this guy I also have two full-headed alien masks that will be used to create two aliens on the autopsy tables (body under sheets, just head visible) to add to the lab. That's my solution to create a few cheap alien props. The full bodied alien props look great and I've always wanted one but they're more than I can justify spending for our small haunt. Fortunately there are some great alien masks out there. I'll post a photo of the ones I have.

Halloween Lady, actually I got the heads up from members here -- maybe back in January-February. Can't recall who was on top of it and did the original post of new stuff that was coming out but I noticed the alien then and it's always been on my theme list too! I've seen all the X-Files episodes LOL. Knew I had to pick at least one of these guys up.

Glad the photos are calling attention to this new addition to the CB line up.

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the two alien masks I've been waiting to use, both more of a traditional alien and not like something from the movie Alien/s. We have been getting a LOT of young kids and don't want to scare them away from our house for future halloweens! I always feel bad when the younger ones are too afraid to come up to the door. I also think these masks look closer to the skeleton alien so appear somewhat related.

I don't know how my statis chamber will turn out but if the alien skeleton's hand can be at all visible I thought it would be fun to run a black or clear fishing line to the finger portion and have a motor setup to move the hand a bit.

I also have from Morph Industries a Wound chest costume piece that you use with a tablet inserted in the wound area for video. http://www.morphsuits.com/flesh-iwound-digital-dudz I'm contemplating using the beating heart video with it and placing the tablet under one of the alien's cover sheet with a tear at the chest so this guy would still be alive with a beating heart during his "probing". Don't know if Alien hearts are red like ours but since there are no green or other colored ones to use, red it will be LOL. Do plan to change the skin color around the wound however to match the mask color.

Has anyone else picked up the Crazy Bonez skeleton yet? Love to see what people are doing with theirs and feel free to post here.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I don't have any plans for an alien invasion per se but I'll chime in on my experience with Spiders of the Web. I have an obsession with the bonez animals and have ordered numerous times from them over the past few years. Quick response to emails. lightening fast shipping (granted they are only a couple hours from me). I just received the new frog from them. (ebay). Earlier this year I ordered and received the owl, lizard, and a couple bats. Crazy Bonez also came out with a puppy and kitty bonez I saw listed on ebay and amazon. I really like the cat. It's a little smaller and I like the pose. More on par with the size of my cats. The ebay seller I got mine from drop shipped them from amazon FYI if anyone is interested in them. I don't see them as yet on Spiders of the Web. The alien is pretty cool looking if it fits into your theme. Out of curiosity what are you using for a tube that it will fit into?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
There's a video on Youtube (that I saved somewhere) of someone who put an alien in an endless hallway/bottomless pit prop, so when they turned on the lights you saw dozens of them stored in a long row of tubes.

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"Out of curiosity what are you using for a tube that it will fit into?" Chloe, not sure yet. I have some thin foam sheathing that might work. Considering using a sonotube too. Worse case it becomes a chamber---rectangular LOL.

Hilda, glad you got yours already and CAN'T wait to see what you do with him.

I can see this item at some point down the road dropping out of the stores and people looking all over for it, like so many other items I've seen, loved, held off buying and then chased all over the internet looking for. Kind of like the giant mosquitos LOL. Back in 2007 Oriental Trading had a terrific looking one (saved a photo of it), didn't buy and later couldn't find so ended up with a latex one as second choice. Now those seem to be off the radar too.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Dear Ghost of Spookie,

"He's 37-inches tall, so on the short side"
That's tall for an alien, most of MY alien friends are under 36", it makes it tough when visiting them, Ceilings are at 48", but got to love their broken English.

Now my question is, are they being advertised as "LIFE SIZE", it's my favorite quote on Halloween Props, "Life size Crypt Keeper", "Life size Zombie", etc....!!!!

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
He stopped by to use the phone. I'm going to adopt him!
Look at that adorableness!!!!!

alien skelly.jpg

I LOVE him! The head is great! Thank you so much GoS for another heads up on a fun product. Dang. My husband is going to keep us away from each other soon. hahaha

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great photo! Assume he wanted the phone to "phone home"? Looks like he is outside your hotel elevator waiting to depart.

Jerseyscare, that cracked me up LOL.

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this thing looks great! any one else having trouble finding it on amazon. its says its unavailable now. :(
I'd suggest emailing Scott directly through his website, Spiders of the Web, and ask him about a stock refresh instead of just checking back on Amazon off and on waiting for it to come back in stock. Address is at the bottom of the Alien page. http://spidersoftheweb.com/product/alien-skeleton/

At least it's early in the year to be looking. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
? Got my Alien Crew yesterday!!! I absolutely *LOVE* them! This only 3 of the 15 I bought! They are super cute and very green! ? I would also agree with contacting Scott directly he helped me out a *TON* in getting what I wanted. He responds immediately and is very sweet! ???

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
 Got my Alien Crew yesterday!!! I absolutely *LOVE* them! This only 3 of the 15 I bought! They are super cute and very green!  I would also agree with contacting Scott directly he helped me out a *TON* in getting what I wanted. He responds immediately and is very sweet! 
Cool! Nice that they are back in stock. So you went with the little green men then! I only saw a promotional photo that Scott sent to me earlier in the year as he hadn't had any come in yet and we all know our photos are usually better. LOL. Any chance you could post a photo of your guys for everyone here who might be deciding between the bone and green colored ones? Thanks. I think there might be an invasion this year come October. ;)

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I'm contemplating using the beating heart video with it and placing the tablet under one of the alien's cover sheet with a tear at the chest so this guy would still be alive with a beating heart during his "probing". Don't know if Alien hearts are red like ours but since there are no green or other colored ones to use, red it will be LOL..
Just a possible avenue to try -- If your screen is bright enough, and if you got a sheet of green cellophane to put over the screen, you might get a nice inhuman greenish gray out of it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts