Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The crawling girl was introduced last year and was such a hit, that they have introduced the New Crawling Man this year:

CRAWLING GIRL
Is she crawling to get you or get away from something even worse?
This life-size animated Crawling Girl is most likely out to get you, as she twitches, moans and groans through a mouth stitched shut for all time, crawling ever closer and ever more creepily, dragging her lifeless body along the ground. 5 Feet Tall.

CRAWLING MAN
Has the same movement as Crawling Girl. - H" x L" x D" - 19.29 x 30.71 x 64.57 "

These items are exclusive to Spirit Halloween and Spirit Halloween Superstores and is available to pre-order now.

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
What doe this have to do with Mechanical?

Shouldn't this be in Reviews or Announcements since it's clearly just a promotion for Spirit?

Both valid questions I just think there should be a better place like maybe a Retail Props sub.

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts

Shouldn't this be in Reviews or Announcements since it's clearly just a promotion for Spirit?
Oh Homey...It's Larrys site, he can do whatever he wants! Besides, they are props, and they are mechanical...

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

You sent me an email regarding this and I responded. Not sure why you felt that you needed to post this. I do appreciate your concern.

I am posting the new props for Spirit Halloween. They are the primary sponsor of this forum for the 2009 Halloween Season. So yes, they get special treatment.

Without our sponsors, this forum could not exist.

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
Hey Larry, its your world. You put anything you want wherever you want to put it. And im glad to see spirit stepping up and reaching out to the home haunt freaks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I find that Gemmy for the most part makes a good product, but for me they tend to just fall a little short. I find that either the clothes are a little cheap, the face is not quite right or what they say is just not good enough so I tend to what I think, enhance the original prop. This is what I did with my crawling girl I took her head off and replaced it with another, as well as utilizing one of her leds for her one eye, and changed her clothes. I wanted to use this prop on grass and have it retract back to its original position so I made a simple wooden tray for her to roll on. I was still setting up and the tray is not under her yet in the picture.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I made the cemetary wall myself 3 years ago, and was the first thing I built for Halloween. The walls are made of 1" ridgid styrofoam (blue), it is made up of 2' long sections by 1' high by about 6" deep 2 sided wall. Each section has a half block notch in each section end, which with a replica block inserted within allows the joining of sections. The wall panels were routered to create mortar joints and an orbital sander was used half hazzardly to create the stone texture. To cap the walls I used 2" by 8" syrofoam bevel cut on a tablesaw and used sand paper to roughen the surface. The replica iron work is garden edging that I painted and just spiked into the foam. The corner posts are made in the same sort of fashion.

The picture shows the tray I made although it later got coversd with fake silk fall leaves to hide the wood. I don't have the measurements, but all I did to determine the length was measure the distance that the prop traveled and the width was made slightly wider then the base trolly, I then built up the perimetre to keep her in line. I removed her legs because where I had her displayed her legs wouldn't be noticed and I felt that they might get in the way of the tray. If you decide to keep the legs what might work is to attach light weight bungee cords to her feet so that they go back as she goes back.

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
Hey Larry heres some feed back for Spirit. IMO the description of these items is too short and lacks critical details. Also with today's technology there should be a short video clip of this thing in action. I just think it would help sell more of them if we have a better feel for how it works and what it does.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It does move forward and back approximately 2 feet, but it tends to keep getting further forward each time. The tray that I built for mine solved this problem.

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
That's the only issue I have with the crawlers is the legs. They fold up and look funky when they move backwards.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I took the legs off for that reason besides them interfering with the tray I thought that they looked lame anyway (no pun intended).

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
I'm curious to know how everyone who purchased the crawling woman prop last year displayed her? :)
I bought one last year and it's pretty cool. I bloodied up her outfit and made her face look a bit more "dead". I also gave her black fingernails, which my youngest son said was "really creepy".

All in all, if you have a Spirit coupon, she's not a bad investment.

Edited to add: We left the legs on but stiffened them up with coat hangar wire. Worked.

Oh, I also added more hair. Mine had a bald spot.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts