Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
will rest in peace.....
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday I got to work on the first thing Halloween related this year! We basically got the idea from a pro haunt where you have to crawl through a tunnel and toward the end you go over a piece of plexiglass with an actor under it who scares you. Pretty simple but was VERY scary!

It's built out of 2x4's, some plywood, a piece of plexiglass, 2 plastic skateboard ramps, some cheap metal brackets and a bunch of screws and bolts laying around the house.

We started by making a frame with the 2x4's and brackets (I didnt take a pic sorry!) Then we screwed on some plywood to that, leaving room for the plexiglass.

Once that was done, we bolted on six 4 ft posts to each side for support and added a some wood on the top to help enclose it.

We're going to add on a 2x4 to each side as a safety rail, then we'll enclose it with tarp.

I think it's going to turn out great once theres an actor under it but it has to be stored until Oct. 1st. :(

Hope you guys like it!

EDIT: Looks like the pics dont want to show up! Heres the album --- Halloween Forum - Conman's Album: The Crawl Through Tunnel

·
Registered
425 Posts
that would scare the $hit out of me!!!. having something try to get me while i am on my hands and knees and can't get away. Awsome idea!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Neon dots will create a surrealistic environment for your tots but in pitch black you don't know what to expect

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you have lights in there they may see the actor before he scares them and refuse to move forward. I think a great way to go would be to have it dark in there and have the actor have a light under there with him on a switch so that when they are over him he could light himself up and give them a real scare!

My only concern is how sturdy the plexi is. It it sturdy enough so that if an adult decides to crawl through with a kid it won't collapse on the actor? Taking someone to the ER would put a damper on the evening for sure!

·
Registered
354 Posts
If you could find one, you could get a 2-way mirror. Have the reflective side facing the people crawling through the tunnel. When the crawlers are over the mirror, looking at it, wondering what it's for, Whammo! A light comes on where the actor is under the mirror and they become visible.

*Edit* an alternative to get that same effect, which may be cheaper and easier would be a piece of scrim material under your plexi-glass. As a side note, if using the 2-way mirror, you would still need something like the plexi for the people to crawl over. I doubt it would be strong enough on it's own.

·
will rest in peace.....
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Im going to go with the darkness just because this is the last thing you go through before the haunt is over so I really want it to be scary.

Trust me, I made sure that the plexiglass is strong enough, we bought the thickest piece we possibly could and if we need to we can always put another piece on top of it.

We bought a wireless light switch last year so the actor can hold that so its out of view. Any reccomendations on lighting? Im thinking dark blue or red so it doesnt blind you when your crawling through it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm doing something similar except they walk over it and I have a corpse head and red lights with a blast of air so they look down .its all good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts