Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just needed a place to rant because I'm still upset. So a while back I had gotten a traffic ticket that turned into a suspended liscence. So I fixed it. I payed both fees, the ticket and the reinstatement fee and even asked on the phone if I was straight to drive. They said yes, everything is legal.

That was months ago. Tonight on my way home from work at 2am, I got pulled over. Now I know I had an expired tag because I was having issues with the web site that I pay through and I was gonna give it another try today in the morning, so of course I got pulled for expired tag. However, the cop immediately starts in with "Do you have any weapons or drugs in the car?" Confused, I replied with not at all. Then he says "How long have you been driving on a suspended liscence?" I freak and tell him the story of how I had fixed it and it was legal. Well he insists on being a do*che telling me to prove it then wanting to search my car and asking for all kinds of other crap. I couldn't find my registration and really I had no insurrance on the car (that craps too expensive for me to afford) but I told him I just couldn't find them. He keeps giving me these looks and I know what it's about and why he wanted to search the car. I have a huge Hatchetman on the back. Because I'm a Juggalo, he figgured "she's probably loaded with weed" the hatchetman is actually considered a gang sign in some states. Luckily not in Florida so he really couldn't say anything outright, just imply and try to get me to let him search the truck. I told him no because I really couldn't remember what was in my car. I know I usually carry a crowbar for defense (and because incase zombies attack....no lie....)and he could count that as a weapon or paraphenailia used to break into places..

So anyway...after making me wait for 30min, freaking out to myself thinking I'm going to jail because the stupid dmv didn't update their system, he makes me get out of the car and basically make me think he's about to cuff me. But he tells me how he's doing me a favor by not arresting me. And he gives me 3 tickets. One for the liscence, one for not having proof of insurrance, and one for the tag being expired. Oh and he also took away my lisence and wouldn't let me drive home. So I had to call my bf and tell him to come get me.

I have a massive headache and I'm just so upset about the whole thing. Now I have to dig through paperwork to find that proof that I paid my suspension off. Plus I have to fix the tag tomorrow so that my girls can drive me to the ABK show on thursday. I'm so mad and upset I need to get away and have fun and forget about it. The insurrance thing is gonna suck because I really can't afford that...hopefully I can just pay a fine and be done with it. I'm sorry I really think it's messed up to force someone to have insurrance on their vehicle. It's just a monthly fee of the PRIVALEGE to drive their car. That's bull. It should be optional but if you wreck you should be held accountable. I don't mind that. I just don't agree with having to pay 90 bucks a month just to able to drive to work. Then it go up every month if I DO get into an accident. I know it's the law and all and I really can't fight it, but seriously....screw that.

So I'm sorry for ranting so much, but like I said this has been the crappiest day ever. Just needed to let it out before I passed out asleep...

Thanks for listening.

·
Banned
535 Posts
You have no right to rant your the reason our premiums are so high to begin with. Next time you dont want a cop to search your truck say nothing like what you did"I dont know whats in there" Say nicely i wish for you to get a warrant first. Insurance IS NOT there for you its for the people you get in the accident with you have to atleast have liability. Sorry this is the way i feel about it and if you think that day was bad give it more time and you will be paying sr22 and everysingle cop on the road is going to have it out for you. YOu are all across the bans right now. DO me a favor if you think something on your car can draw a cops eye get rid of it sticker or not. It is just going to cause more problems with the police. Trust me you dont want to get on the cops bad side with things like stickers that on your car. You got lucky from not being arrested REAL lucky here you going to jail 3 days without a question.

·
Hauntless
8,332 Posts
When I was 18-19, I use to work 'til 3 am all the time. I also drove a fiery orange V-8 Mustang. Since I had gotten used to getting pulled over (that's Midlothian, IL cops for 'ya) I learned to make sure I had nothing that would give them an excuse to pull me over.

One night, I still got pulled over! He said my license plate bracket was obstructing my year sticker. The 86 sticker was vertical so the top of the bracket covered the top of the 8. So, what?, did he think it could have been 66?! Ugh. After another year of that kind of harassment I was glad to get rid of the car. Cop magnet for sure!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I'm with Toetag on this..driving without insurance is just downright irresponsible and smacks of a screw you attitude. Sorry to be so blunt Sam, but that's the bottom line as I see it.

The insurrance thing is gonna suck because I really can't afford that...hopefully I can just pay a fine and be done with it. I'm sorry I really think it's messed up to force someone to have insurrance on their vehicle. It's just a monthly fee of the PRIVALEGE to drive their car. That's bull. It should be optional but if you wreck you should be held accountable. I don't mind that. I just don't agree with having to pay 90 bucks a month just to able to drive to work. Then it go up every month if I DO get into an accident. I know it's the law and all and I really can't fight it, but seriously....screw that
Being held accountable is one thing, but if you wreck my car, are you in a position to fork out the $14,000 or so to replace it? apart from recompensing me for loss of earnings etc while I'm in hospital?..I shouldn't have thought so, Not if you're griping about paying $90 a month for insurance...
I can't comment on the license reinstatement and expired tag because the laws are different over here, but insurance is a legal requirement, as it is in most countries.
However...
It's not only a legal requirement, it's a moral and social responsibility as well.

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
If all people would take responsiblity for the car wrecks we could drive without insurance, but unfortunatly thats not the way it is. I have not gotten a ticket for years, then last year I got a speeding ticket. I keep everything in my car showing the I paid the fine. I don't give them a reason for pulling me over. I drive a red 73 firebird. you talk about a cop magnet!! When I first started driving that car it did not have shoulder straps on the seat belts I can't count how many times I got pulled over for that crap. My friends want me to pull the front license plate off the car because they say it looks better without it. But its illegal. I always hear them say crap like . " I talked to BIlly Bobs brother who has a friend whos friends with these people who live near the a police officer whos says its not illegal." Yeah, I'm keeping my tag on thank you. All my craps legal, cause thats the way I roll!!!! LOL

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry I ranted. I won't do it again. I'm sorry you all feel that way and feel that I'm responsible for the reason insurrance is so high. I'm very sorry it's like it is. I know everyone here is older and wiser than me and I should've thought twice about posting my views knowing no one else would feel the same as me. Lesson learned. Sorry again :(

·
Banned
535 Posts
It has nothing to do with the ticket or suspension or what ever traffic violation you did BUT insurance is a major thing you have to have...HAVE TO! Another reason to have at least liability is lets say a accident happens and the people in the other car are hurt very bad and they are angry enough to sue you and they can for millions trust me. If you cant pay they will put you in the can....Its just safer bet to at least have liability...it covers these tyoes pf things ther medical bills etc....

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
It can suck majorly when it seems the law have it in for you..maybe because of your age, appearance, the car you drive or whatever.
But you GOTTA have that insurance...for everybody's sake.

Ok...Group hug, and lets get back to the serious business of Halloween...
:):):)

C

·
0 Posts
'I have a massive headache and I'm just so upset about the whole thing."

Let me tell you about headaches!!! I got hit by an UNDER insured driver; totaled my BRAND NEW car and almost totaled me. He had $15,000 in insurance to re-place my car (not nearly enough!), which went to MY insurance co. MY insurance company paid to replace my car AND MY RATES went up!!!!!! MY insurance company paid for MY doctor's bills which were $25,000!!! I couldn't sue him, under advisement of an attorney, cause he didn't own anything!!!!!!!
How would you feel Sam, if someone hit you and they had no insurance? And since you don't have any either, whatcha gonna do?
GRRRRR, I need a shot of J.D.

·
Banned
535 Posts
I dont think anyone is out to get ya sam just disapointed really. I havent been on this globe as many years as others but theres a few things i have learned to live by
1 you eat
2 you pay insurance
3 you pay taxes
4 you get old and retire in FL wearing a wicker hat and drive around slowly with nothing showing but your knuckles above your steering wheel to your local bingo hut :)

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
Toetag: #4 was just too much! LOL. I can always tell I'm gonna get stuck behind a slow driver if I see they have a wicker or "old guy" type hat on (this is usally accompanied by a left blinker while driving in the left lane on the highway). This theory has never been proven wrong in my experience

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Again I'm sorry I made everyone so upset. I didn't realize everyone would be so angry at me over this. I really am sorry and sorry everyone seems to have had bad experiences with drivers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sam,
No one is angry with you/at you.
This place is full of people who care about each other.....We're the Aunt/Uncles/Cousins/Brothers/Sisters/Moms/Dads/ Grandparents/etc.... who worry about the rest of our halloween family on here. We would hate for you to end up in a situation, that could be avoided from the get-go......that's all.
We/they are only sharing their experiences to help inform you of the perils out in the vast world, to help you realize a clearer picture of what could happen.

Take care,

"Uncle" Monstermaker : )

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
I dont think anyone is out to get ya sam just disapointed really. I havent been on this globe as many years as others but theres a few things i have learned to live by
1 you eat
2 you pay insurance
3 you pay taxes
4 you get old and retire in FL wearing a wicker hat and drive around slowly with nothing showing but your knuckles above your steering wheel to your local bingo hut :)
Number 2, should be number 2, shouldnt it, if you eat, you gotta poop.

Samhain, people say things that they really dont think about what they are saying, but I know you realize why people must have insurance, dont sweat it, your human, dont let it happen again or we will get you....:)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Toetag: #4 was just too much! LOL. I can always tell I'm gonna get stuck behind a slow driver if I see they have a wicker or "old guy" type hat on (this is usally accompanied by a left blinker while driving in the left lane on the highway). This theory has never been proven wrong in my experience
They wear berets here, drive at 20mph max , stop at anything they consider interesting ( large pig, overflowing dumpster) and never use their indicators. You can feel yourself aging by the second driving behind them!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
sorry I ranted. I won't do it again. I'm sorry you all feel that way and feel that I'm responsible for the reason insurrance is so high. I'm very sorry it's like it is. I know everyone here is older and wiser than me and I should've thought twice about posting my views knowing no one else would feel the same as me. Lesson learned. Sorry again :(
Sorry to hear you had a crappy day. Doesn't matter why it was crappy. Crappy is just crappy.
Venting is good. It helps to get it all out.
I'm not going to comment about why you had a crappy day because 1) that's not the point and 2)wisdom is what you gain from making mistakes and learning from them. It can't be lectured. I did alot of things in my youth. Its a process that everyone goes thru.

Anyway, I hope you were able to shake off your crappy day and are feeling better about things.

MsM

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Did someone say group hug? I am so in on that action.
Ya ain't nutt'n but a man-ho...:p

...and Sam, Like "Uncle" MM said..We aint getting on your case, It's 'cos we really do care..
Hope you're feeling better.

"Papa" Samedi
:):)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts