Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just wondering how you all are doing cracks in you tombstones?

Somehow my cracks don't look right, I used a scriber, pencil and knife, but the cracks don't looke like cracks more like cuts

·
Registered
360 Posts
After putting in the crack try hitting it with a heat gun. It will open the crack and give it a more natural edge.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You have to wiggle the knife back and forth, and pop out little bits of foam as you go. Terra and SK Austin have videos on YouTube showing the process. A heat gun or acetone can help with the final eroded look.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Just a Swiss Army knife. Twist the blade as you go. Have some sections that are done with the blade turned flat so it's not actually cutting. Just hack and slash, go in different directions, have it branch off into two sections, have different areas be different widths, different depths, on and on. Experiment on a scrap piece of foam and see what happens. Have fun!

Jekyll & Hyde.jpg

I'm with stupid.jpg

Bend over - I leaned over.jpg

·
Registered
126 Posts
The Swiss Army Knife method describe above is what I use. Learned that from someone here on this forum or another one very similar.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The cracks in the stone from Nightfisher are as good as it gets. Going to try and duplicate those on my next one. Very nice work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts