Halloween Forum banner
121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Ghost was on for awhile this morning. Showed 100 at the time but he is gone from the site again now. I ordered one but now I guess I will be on the lookout for a cancellation email. Hopefully I got him/ her in time.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Ghost was on for awhile this morning. Showed 100 at the time but he is gone from the site again now. I ordered one but now I guess I will be on the lookout for a cancellation email. Hopefully I got him/ her in time.
i got shipped notices from the 2 i ordered over the weekend. I think you should be safe....it looks like CB has real-time inventory counts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ARGH, i stopped checking the site because as i posted before, i asked corporate if they were all gone and she said they were. It is almost like no one does their job. NOW, there will no doubt be scalpers selling them on ebay.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was refreshing off and on periodically between 5:00am and 5:50am in hopes that I would see them as In Stock, but it never changed for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was refreshing off and on periodically between 5:00am and 5:50am in hopes that I would see them as In Stock, but it never changed for me.
it doesn't help when sites - not just CB- will put stock up at midnight. Or 6am. Or the middle of the afternoon.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Stopped by my Cracker Barrel the other day and was pretty disappointed in the small amount of stuff they have out. But the glowing, orange globe was certainly the most mesmerizing thing there for me!

20210716_175050.jpg 20210716_175053.jpg 20210716_175114.jpg 20210716_175117.jpg

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,567 Posts
Went there today for the Great Pumpking ballcap, and the Scooby and Lock/Shock/Barrel teeshirts. Shocked (ha) to discover they are not selling them in a small size. It STARTS at medium and the mediums are the very boxy sort of large than medium sizing. And discovered that it is the same online. Whaaaaaat?

But it's okay, because I found a cooler Scooby shirt on Target with the classic looking haunted house in the background.

And of course, no wraith with lantern. The clerk I asked nodded knowingly as soon as I asked and said they'd had quite a few calls already. :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
[mention]Dreadful [/mention] [mention]wickedwillingwench [/mention] What time / time zones did you make your purchases if you don’t mind me asking. Thanks So Much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just wanted to thank you for alerting everyone here that there was only one ghost/wraith per store! I originally saw it on July 9th and was told there would be additional stock the following week. Once I read your post, on the 14th I went in at 7am and promptly bought what I now know would be the only one the store would receive. Thank you! Now to try to answer your question about why we all are calling this piece a wraith from my perspective. People in different parts of the country call ghosts by different names. When I think of a ghos,t I picture one with eye holes. My Dad was from the south and he called them spooks or hants (haunts). This piece sort of reminds me of the dementors from Harry Potter. I can see some fans of Harry Potter spray painting it black (shudder)! But by whatever name you call it, it is a beautiful piece. Still can't believe there was only one per store. Poor marketing!
Saw this sold out on Zulily & thought about your comment to paint the wraith black.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
for anyone who's seen the ghost with lantern in person....is the bottom inside hollow or solid? in these photos it appears lit from inside and i wonder how i can achieve that.

121 - 140 of 175 Posts