Halloween Forum banner
101 - 120 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
There’s already a scammer offering the CB ghosts for sale online. I saw it on a Halloween Facebook group today. He stole other people’s pictures and is using them in his advertising. I don’t recall the price, but it is significantly higher than $50. Crazy!
Do you recall where you saw? If it is a real sale, i may have to pay. I have wanted this for a long while. It was made by Raz Imports years back and they must have sold the mold/patent this year.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Do you recall where you saw? If it is a real sale, i may have to pay. I have wanted this for a long while. It was made by Raz Imports years back and they must have sold the mold/patent this year.
As it was outed as a scam, I don’t want to post the link here. I will tell you that you will find the link and discussion on Facebook if you join the Halloween Forever group.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I just can't fathom purchasing departments at this point not understanding how big a shopping holiday Halloween is for the US. I know people lukewarm about Halloween who dash to Target etc for stuff.
With the exception of the ghost/wraith, I was disappointed that CB didn't have more in the way of quality Halloween merchandise. As you said, Halloween has a huge following! My local restaurant carried more nautical themed merchandise than Halloween. I would have thought they would try to make up the revenue they lost when they cancelled their Halloween sales last year. Hope for more next year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I emailed the Director of Merchandise Purchasing- this is what i do, i go straight to the top- and she said it is sold out with the implication of no restock but says they will bring it back next year. So tell me which of your state's stores (my state doesn't have one) was really OTT Halloween and i will road trip there.

·
Registered
444 Posts
For a minute I thought you might be my sister using a secret identity, she threatened to do exactly what you did!
One time she got ticked off and emailed the Pope...it has been a long standing joke in the family🤣

·
Registered
124 Posts
That lantern ghost is the first Halloween item I've seen in a few years that I would LOVE to have, but unfortunately it sold out the day they received it at my closest CB. They don't even have their other stuff out yet. Bummer. Maybe next year!

·
Registered
124 Posts
This website seems to be carrying them; right now they are in stock and $36 instead of $50.

LINK REMOVED
Looks like an obvious scam. The website has no phone number or company info. The facebook and instagram links just take you to facebook.com and instagram.com.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I saw this, also from Raz Imports, looks to be part of the same collection. I really like it but the website...seems kinda scammy too. Anyone ever ordered through them?

LINK REMOVED

20210719_174739.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I saw this, also from Raz Imports, looks to be part of the same collection. I really like it but the website...seems kinda scammy too. Anyone ever ordered through them?

LINK REMOVED
Unfortunately it does look like another scam website. Some signs are the contact us page only having an email instead of a phone number and address and also the social media links at the bottom of the page don't lead to any specific social media page.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I added one to my basket and just left it there. Since then I hsve gotten 2 emails from them 1 offering 20% off if I finish my purchace and just now a second offering 30% off.😂
Im curious how far they are willing to take this " discount":unsure:🤣

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,567 Posts
Hey y'all - the last two posted sites that are "selling" the ghost lantern dude are pretty obviously scammer sites. Both are brand new as of June this year, lack information about the company itself and have very poor grammar/spelling and are thrown together, FAQ page/info is generic and contains errors, the only contact is to an unrelated email not even in the same domain name, and they only accept bank transfers and Visa cards on one of the sites. Hell, even the subscribe/follow us on Twitter, IG links are generic and not actual company links.

I've removed the site links from the posts so they don't get promoted/used by anyone here. It's too tempting if you're on the hunt for a rare/sold out piece. ;)

·
Registered
896 Posts
There is a local garden center who a swear sold the wraith/ghost last year & in lieu of marking stuff way down after season is over, they pack it up & put it out again the following year. I believe they started mail order year or so ago but not for everything they offer. If I happen to see it, I will post as such & include info. If it wouldn't be sold on-line, maybe you could talk them into it since it's not a chain store.

101 - 120 of 172 Posts