Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to start my invites to my 2017 Witches Luncheon in the next month or so ... I have all the pieces that I think I need ... but there is a whole bunch of prep work that I have to get done. These invites are going to almost take as long and decorating for the whole party ... lol ...

What I want to do is use the Barbie Wardrobe ... paint it black and antique/age it ... maybe some paper on the wall ... aged ... then the dress form and all it's parts will be inside with 2 paper dresses that will have the actual invite information for the party. I may ask the person who gets the invite to dress the form to be judged during the party.

If anyone has suggestions on how to decorate these wardrobes ... please share them with me ...

Attachments

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,506 Posts
No suggestions, but what a creative idea for invites! I hope your invitees appreciate the work that will go into them. Your parties must be amazing if the invite idea is any indicator!! :cool:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay ... we are now in the New Year and it is time to start getting some of these major projects done. I am kind of intimidated by all I need to do for these invites . To make it a bit easier I have been doing a bit of research on Pinterest looking at paper dresses that I will hang in the closet .. I have to make sure that they actually fit in the closet and second that I can write the invite on the back of the dresses. It is now between origami dresses and just hand made paper dresses ... the actual paper dresses for paper dolls may not fit properly in the closet ... here are a few ideas I have ... I will goth/halloween up the origami dresses . The dresses will not fit on the dress dummy but will be on hangers hanging in the closet. I am hoping that the people to get the invites will be curious enough to open and look through the closet ... finding the actual party info on the back of the dresses that are hanging in the closet. This will be step one ... on the invite ...

I find that the paper doll dresses are very dramatic ... but I am leaning towards the origami style ones ...

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While looking at what is new on the forum ... I saw that people will be doing a craft of the month ... Dragon eggs ... I want to make purses that are made out of dragon scales ... debating whether I will do the duct tape or round sticker method. These are supposed to be my designer bags that will hold all the take home goodies ... Since it is a couture witch fashion show ... I have a lot of stuff that are makeup oriented for take home gifts or Goodie Bags and they would all fit inside a purse ... so ... I will be using a Hermes purse template for the dragon skin bags ... If I go with the duct tape scales ... I am going to round off each scale as Hilda did on her dragon egg. I thought that egg was eggquisite !!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the printed part ... the invite info ... onto the dresses ... having an issue with paint sticking to the plastic Barbie hangers ... stopping me from being done with this part of the invite. Need to figure out how to paint these tiny hangers.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have finished my dresses ... thanks to Pumpkinpie for suggesting a paint to use on the hangers ... they are such a small part of the inivte but proved to be a major block ... couldn't get paint to stay on ... so ... Part 1 done ... on to the next ... Now I need to base coat my wardrobe and start to assemble my dress dummy ...

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
An amazing beginning to what will be an amazing party, I'm sure. Will definitely be following this thread.
How many invitees are you planning on having? Just women or are significant others invited?
thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was going to start with the dress dummies but found that the wire I have for attaching the bats is too thick and doesn't look right so I started with the wardrobes. I used the dremel tool and took off the Susy Goose logo on the doors. Now I need to figure out if I will put a faux panel on the door or apply something right on to the door.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am getting these Susy Goose Barbie wardrobes ready to get their first coat of paint. There are so many steps before I even get the base coat on ... I have to take off one of the doors to wash it separately because of the "mirror " which is just reflective tape. I have to take out old paper on one of the walls ... but the interesting thing is that it is just in the Ken wardrobes and they also have a second set of drawers inside ... the Barbie wardrobes don't have them. That is being taken out as well ... not easy and hoping not to damage the wardrobe too much as I get them out . I am soaking the whole wardrobe in TSP to get all the dirt and grime off. I will get everything cleaned up and sanded and repaired and then I will give them a base coat of black paint. We are going through a cold spell and I don't know if I will wait for the good weather to come back so I can spray paint them outside or if I will just do them indoors.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 110 Posts