Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this thread is for posting current coupons, discount codes, sales, email discount sale code alerts for 2014. i would post anyone price matching also. imo, i think just posting the information here and then making comments of purchases should then be made on the threads for that merchants store, ie homegoods 2014... comments? moderators...........i was wondering if this topic could actually be its own division like 'general", "props", "tutorials" ?

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
I've been wondering why people haven't been using the separate coupon area that much this year and instead posting info directly into the threads. Are you guys not aware there is a quite lengthy Forum area for Coupons, Discounts and Promotions already? It encompasses several years' worth of posts from various stores. Grandinroad has figured promenently on it in the past. Here's a link to it:

http://www.halloweenforum.com/coupons-discounts-and-promotions/

Halloween Forum has lots of topic areas already set up that if you access the Forum at the root level www.halloweenforum.com you will be able to see. If you just go directly to this General Discussion area you are sorely missing out on all that Halloween Forum has to offer.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Larry addressed adding threads to the Stickies awhile back. If I remember correctly when he added the Store sighting thread and the TV thread to the stickies there was discussion about not making the top Sticky section too large as it affects how people view HF on different devices. If it grows in length people would have to scroll down all the time. I believe creating a separate forum section just for shopping items was nixed back then too. Maybe because they don't want the forum to turn into a shopping area mostly. It's always been about creating halloween.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
You just moved it to the top by posting. You can either comment or just add the word bump and it will move to the top.

Not sure how the forum managment feels about this. Many boards don't like people doing this as it contributes nothing to the info on the thread and people sometimes need to scroll through numerous posts that just say "bump". People reading the forum on a phone might be paying phone time charges to read this kind of stuff. If what's in a thread is imporant enough to people it will stay active with constructive info otherwise if no one has anything to say about it it will drop to the bottom.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Understandable.

Larry addressed adding threads to the Stickies awhile back. If I remember correctly when he added the Store sighting thread and the TV thread to the stickies there was discussion about not making the top Sticky section too large as it affects how people view HF on different devices. If it grows in length people would have to scroll down all the time. I believe creating a separate forum section just for shopping items was nixed back then too. Maybe because they don't want the forum to turn into a shopping area mostly. It's always been about creating halloween.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i do apologize, you know i just dont venture down the list and have missed this thread topic....thank you so much for bringing to my attention, im usually just trying to keep up with everyone else news and dont go down to that area....opps :eek:

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
When I log on I always glance down to the Coupons section to see if there's been any new posts (you can tell by date easy enough) and if so open it. I also will check that area before ordering anything. Didn't one time and lost out of saving some bucks on something I could have bought for less.

Then afterwards, I customarily read General, then peek around Props and Party, sometimes if I have time will hit Tutorials to see what people are doing and to get some ideas. When new shows start I will be checking the General Halloween TV Show Sticky thread and also look into the Horror board area where the TV shows like FaceOff and Sleepy Hollow are discussed. Anything beyond that depends on time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts