Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I totally feel in love with the Countess prop at Lowes, and agoniozed for a month over whether to get her. I know I wouldn't be satisfied with her clothes and accessories.
countess0.jpg

Yesterday I broke down and got her. I put a different wig and dress on her, and better jewellery. Not finished with her yet but it's a start.

Countess1.jpg

Need to redo her staff because it looks cheap now next to het new stuff. Will probably move the electronics to a skull staff I put together. She also needs a bat tiara or something on her head. I am probably not going to remake the collar in better fabrics, though I am considering it, just because her hair looks so good now and it's so long I'd have to do an up-do with her wig.

The other problem is new new outfit is a bit more restrictive so she doesn't move as much. I don't want to burn out her motors so I need to adjust that. I don't expect we'll have her on much anyway, but I want her to work when we do.

I'll post more as I make more progress!

·
Registered
101 Posts
She looks great, I love her new hair. The color and look of it do wonders for her. Can't wait to see her final makeover.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's why I don't want to mess it up with the collar. I am thinking maybe a bat tiara with a long black veil. Everything I want to do for her I have stuff on hand to do it. I mean he dress is made from some of my clothes & jewelry I haven't worn in a while! I am a goth, a costumer and a jewelry designer so i should be able to fix her up with what i have.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would still like to get her a waist cincher type deal, and that staff still needs work but I am calling her good for this week. I have other things to attend to and this would do. You can see my warlock staff on the shelf behind her with the crystal. I really want to make her something more like that, but with the skull. I do like the skull. Yes, the staff still lights up but it's not so obnoxiously bright.

Also you really can't see how sparklie her dress & veil is in the images. In the dimmer spooky lights I'll have during the party it'll look great.

Countess2.jpg

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The underskirt is just a floor length tulle tutu affair. The top is a crushed velvet top with flared sleeves I have had for a very long time but haven't worn in years. The overskirt, I got some different glitter tulles and nets and Halloween laces, all black sparkle on black. These I cut into strips then tied to a satin ribbon to make the overskirt. There is some of the veil fabric in the overskirt.

She's dressed better than most girls at the goth club these days. In fact I have worn an outfit like ithis on more than a few ocassions, though I usually add a corset and I wear it lower cut.

Want to dress a gothy prop? Have an old goth seamstress do it. ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts