Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up one of those countdown clocks at Michael's last year after Halloween for dirt cheap. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a good place outside to put it. Rather than let it go to waste, it's now mounted in my garage near my workbench...

It's very motivating in a Monster House kind of way! I'm just waiting for Steve to burst through the door and start ragging on my prop construction.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
OpenTrackRacer, you are a glutton for punishment! I find logging on here and seeing the clock more than I can take sometimes. Can't imagine having another daily reminder around.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My dad just made mine today. I had one from christmas he just took the back out and made a tombstone out of wood so that I could just stake it in the ground. And i can use it for christmas too. I will try to start a thread to post some pictures.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Man... it was JUST 300 days till Halloween last month! That would be motivating though

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
HA! I've got the same countdown clock. We set it up on our buffet table on the far side of the kitchen. It's so bright, people can see it from the street!

I love it!

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmm.... I don't know. Maybe it blows up! Naw... that would be too cool.

I wish I had a good place to put it outside. My neighbors don't need to see it but I'd like it visible over my wall from the main street. I could rig something but I'm concerned it might get stolen or the association landscapers might move/break it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm going to have to agree with Ghost of Spookie, Are you nuts?!! :eek: I am already freaking out knowing I'm running out of time, I dont need a daily reminder right in my face while I'm making my props! :eek: But hey, if it lights a fire under your butt and you get your stuff done quicker, then more power to ya! :D

I got the same sign last year and unscrewed the digital countdown clock from the display board and made my own simple countdown display. See attached photos :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yeah, I'm nuts. I don't think there is any question about that!

Your countdown sign looks great. I was going to do something similar but it's not worth it if it'll just be hanging in my garage!
Yeah I guess we're all a little nuts huh? ;) At least thats what my family and friends keep telling me around this time of year :eek:

And thanks for the compliment! :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
That looks awesome! Alot better than the one I have on my computer screen... maybe one day I'll put one of those up, it definitely would help keep up with how long you have left to finish those projects!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
the clock is from Michaels
I got one last year. It blinks all "0" on halloween day.

I havent seen them this year.
I really like this version. esp. how the seconds tic away. really creates a sense of urgency.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts