Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always have believed in the saying:"You never get a second chance to make a good first impression" and I strive toward accomplishing such with every customer who sees Ravens Grin.... then comes "the Season!" We have to hire helpers to be able to handle the onslaught....some of them just don't "get It!"
I work all year long creating items, displays here to be used to further the "Wow-Factor" which , of course keeps people's memories buzzing when they recall their visit here, which creates the Best and cheapest perpetual advertising!
Then we get a few hired hands who do not or will not do the simplest task of simply pushing a small button to activate a display!
One less display, one less impressive thing which to give the paying customer for their dollar's worth!
"GGGRRR!"
Until we can somehow have video cameras covering the entire place, we are forced to "Trust" and simply "Hope" for the best, which does not always cut it!
I already have maybe 80 motion detector switches for mostly lighting here. We have many families coming here so simply motion switch activation is not a good thing because scaring small children is something we should never do.. they might come back in 10 or 15 years as a serial-killer looking for me!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe allowing my employees creative freedom is important so they may operate without any silly restrictions , real but probably imagined... but not pushing the button to make the large UFO levitate from is nearby hiding place is not what this freedom is about.
Not doing a simple , but very effective scare as the last scare in the tour as they are about to complete their house tour also is not on the optional activity listing.
The scares and everything else pertaining to entertaining the paying customer are all things I came up with over many years of doing tours every night of the year, these are not just whims but rather the end result of me experimenting almost every night of the entire year as to what "Works" and how well it happens to work upon certain types of customers almost all aspects of such things involved trial and error and paying attention to subtle variances of voice, lighting, timing and should be respected as such as any finished "product"... Where's my high-horse? it just laid down a groaned, I guess he's bored too?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts