Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replicate what I call "effects". I've been corrected numerous times, however, I still don't know how to create the alteration to vocal audio. My program I have is FL (also Audacity) and I know nothing. The goal is to be able to have a filter or something I can run and voice change live.

First voice and bearded guy is what I'm after. Is there even a way to create what I think is a "filter" and send me the file? Is that a thing?

These are quotes by other people that know what they are doing, but didn't know the depths of my ignorance:

"There might be a tiny bit of reverb or delay on it or maybe a doubling with some pitch shift, but that sound can be made without any effects."

"Almost no effects on this voice, maybe a tiny bit of room or plate verb but that's about it."

Bonus round - https://soundcloud.com/sonar-beat/adan-ilse-stardust-remix-by-mater-suspiria-vision
It's pretty obvious which I mean.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured out the bonus round one via a voice changer that tells you the changes being made. That way, I was able to dial it in on my other programs and finesse it to a nice creepy aliens from Toy Story sound? Hehe.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The effect on the first voice sounds like classic "Flange" to me. I don't use any software sound editors (Im a hardware junkie) but if there is a flange filter available try that and mess around with the parameters if you can. The bearded voice sounds also like flange with a megaphone type effect. I have an effect similar to this on a Vocoder I have. Hope this helps.

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
That sounds a bit like the "Carolanne" effect used in the Poltergeist movies. Not hard to do, but you'll need an editing program like Audacity or GoldWave. I think someone here posted instructions on how to do it. Search for Carolanne or something like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts